9xr pro - opentx 2.19 clarifications

AndreL

9xr pro - opentx 2.19 clarifications

Post by AndreL »

I have experienced and enjoyed the companion9x versions for a while with a 9xr radio, and now i am trying to expand my horizons with a 9rx pro radio (please don't laugh). While totally different approach to flashing (some long evenings of :? ) and new to voice setup ( :? :? ) i did finally manage to comb through the forums to somewhat setup the 9xr pro radio to my liking. My question is - i did download a firmware build with gvars and I hope that this stands for "global variables" for the radio but when i run companion 2.1.9 there is no global var page, I don't mind manually setting them using the radio but am i missing a setting somewhere?
My other issue is with timer 1. For some reason this one has a mind of its own, although i set it to manual reset i cannot figure out how to accomplish that task. Just like my 9xr i configured the 9xr pro for dual timers - 1thr% and 2tht. I am not able to reset timer 1 once started and i will not be able to set it back to any preset value even when it is stopped and i change its setting in model setup. if i cycle the power on the radio, it remembers when it was left at. When i disable it by turning it off in settings and then restore it, it still remembers its last value. I did notice that when set to th% it does behave like my 9xr slowing down and speeding up according to throttle setting, but still I am not able to reset it by any button or combination of. Am i missing something ? how can i reset it ? - thank you in advance for any help
I would be at ver 2.2.1 but have read too many issues with the avr radios, (thus 2.21 AVR disabled ver. is out) and when i tried ver 2.2.1 initially i too got the samba errors with corrupted eeprom messages and since i have a avr128 radio I decided to keep a common platform.

Kilrah

Re: 9xr pro - opentx 2.19 clarifications

Post by Kilrah »

GVARS are under flight modes in companion.
Timer gets reset from the Reset menu you access with a short MENU press on the home screen.
AndreL

Post by AndreL »

ahhh - another mystery solved - on the xr all I had to do is long press the exit button to rst both timers.
As for the g-vars - sorry I ment global functions in the radio setup screens, but that is good to know also.
Thank you for your help
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's in "edit radio settings" then.
AndreL

Post by AndreL »

that one i have not found - edit settings has radio profile, application settings and simulator settings.
As for the radio profile it has very little settings other than radio type, lang, build opt, splash screen , couple folder paths, stick pref and firmware write.
There is a general settings comment above stick mode that states that it is empty - but i have not found any other radio settings page nor how to satisfy this comment.

AndreL

Post by AndreL »

sorry for the repeat - slow connection i guess - didn't think i submitted 1st time
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Big enough though...

AndreL

Post by AndreL »

sorry thanks - i found it - under 2.2 you have that option but in the 2.1ver you have to double click on general settings in the model build menu, not intuitive, hence i am guessing the visual change in the new ver. Awesome !!!

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”