Input and Mixes tabs blank/empty in Companion 2.2.1 (for Ubuntu/Debian)

ulfh

Input and Mixes tabs blank/empty in Companion 2.2.1 (for Ubuntu/Debian)

Post by ulfh »

After installing the latest Companion 2.2.1 Debian package, in Kubuntu 17.10, and opening an existing .otx model file I find that both the Input and Mixes tabs are blank. Nothing shows.

The same .otx-file work fine in Companion 2.2.0 Debian version, and in Companion 2.2.1 for Windows. The same blank tabs occur with all my existing model files and also if I create a new model from scratch. I am using the Taranis X7 radio profile but it seems to be the same for at least also the X10.

Please let me know what other information I need to provide, if required. And sorry if this is already posted somewhere else, I have searched the forums to the best of my knowledge but found nothing.

Thanks to the developers for their fantastic work on the new release!

ulfh

Re: Input and Mixes tabs blank/empty in Companion 2.2.1 (for Ubuntu/Debian)

Post by ulfh »

Can anyone say if this is posted in the right place or, if not, where it should be posted? Should I make a bug report?
I can understand that the Debian version of Companion is of low priority, but does anyone now if is being dropped or will continue to be maintained?

If help is needed I can perhaps assist, although not a developer I am quite willing to help out in some way. I'm reasonably literate in Linux/Ubuntu.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Maybe start by at least posting the sample file to see if someone can reproduce...
ulfh

Post by ulfh »

The attached otx-file works fine in Companion 2.2.1 for Windows but not in Debian/Kubuntu. Neither in version 2.2.1 or latest nightly builds. At least not for me.
Attachments
blanktabs.otx
(866 Bytes) Downloaded 240 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No problem here on my lubuntu machine, it is likely something with your Qt version being inappropriate or window manager. Maybe create an issue with those details.

ulfh

Post by ulfh »

Thank you for replying. It works just fine on my other computer running Linux Mint Debian Edition, so I will post an issue as suggested.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”