Telemetry does not work in last Opentx2.2 [SOLVED]

crystal

Telemetry does not work in last Opentx2.2 [SOLVED]

Post by crystal »

Hi Guys

I just upgraded Opentx from 2.1.9 to 2.20, after this my telemetry does not work. I can't find option "dicover sensors" or something like that. I was upgrading on Windows with Companion. I can see that bootloader is still 2.1.9, not sure if its good or not. I could not find any information about telemetry in 2.2. So I'm asking here

Regards
Last edited by crystal on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carbo

Re: Telemetry does not work in last Opentx2.2

Post by Carbo »

Did you install inadvertently 2.0.20?

http://www.open-tx.org/
crystal

Post by crystal »

Hi @Carbo

not sure, I can't check now, but as I remember I've downloaded
http://downloads.open-tx.org/2.2/compan ... -2.2.0.exe and after installation companion discover new version and asked me to update then I said yes. I think could be 2.0.20, not sure - don't remember. I will add this later.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Hi I have, opentx-taranis-plus-2.0.20
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

2.0.20 is a downgrade from 2.1.9. Models and settings can not be transferrerd to older versions, and 2.0 behaved quite differently to 2.1 as far as telemetry goes.

crystal

Post by crystal »

@Kilrah
Thank you man, you realize my that I did downgrade :) I was thinking it is 2.2.20 but it is looks like - I'm blind :mrgreen:

Ok, so I know why I did this.
I had already installed old version of companion, so after I downloaded I did not remove old version and I did not remove directory. I've downloaded latest version 2.2 from website and I've installed. I could not open companion in my Win10, not sure why. So I went to directory and I notice I have companion.exe in Companion 2.2 directory and companion.exe in main directory of opentx.
I was trying open companion.exe from Companion 2.2 which also did not open, so I've try companion.exe in main which works for me, and on the beginning I was asked to update to latest version of FW which was : 2.0.20 - I was thinking it is 2.2.20 so I said yes - silly me. Then I got update my taranis to 2.0.20.

How did I fix this, as I knew I can't use latest software in Win10?

I just tried version from this tutorial --> https://oscarliang.com/flash-opentx-firmware-taranis/
First I've uninstalled current companion and remove directory, Then when I run Companion 2.2 RC14, I was asked about latest firmware 2.2 so all install wend good, - happy now :)

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”