Unable to flash firmware (More than one DFU device found)

thatsnailguy

Unable to flash firmware (More than one DFU device found)

Post by thatsnailguy »

Below is a copy of the log when trying to flash bootloader to any of my TARANIS X9D plus. I have reinstalled the windows driver with Zadig 2.2 and 2.1 multiple times. I was able to flash the bootloader to one of my transmitters but every attempt since the first one has been unsuccessful.

I am able to flash the firmware in bootloader mode out of the box - 2.1.6

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenTX/Companion 2.2/dfu-util.exe -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -d 0483:df11 -DC:/Users/Solidworks/AppData/Local/Temp/8268-flash.bin
=================================================================================
dfu-util 0.7

Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to [email protected]

Filter on vendor = 0x0483 product = 0xdf11
More than one DFU capable USB device found, you might try `--list' and then disconnect all but one device

=================================================================================

kalle123

Re: Unable to flash firmware (More than one DFU device found)

Post by kalle123 »

thatsnailguy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 pm More than one DFU capable USB device found, you might try `--list' and then disconnect all but one device
... and did you try that?
thatsnailguy

Post by thatsnailguy »

I am assuming it means list in zadig. I can view the list and there is a couple of things there but nothing I can unplug or remove or uninstall. this is after a fresh reboot with nothing plugged into the usb ports
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, you should call "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenTX\Companion 2.2\dfu-util.exe --list" in a command prompt and look at the output, which hopefully would give some information about what the other device is so we can see if it's possible to disconnect it.

Before that you might try to disconnect every USB device you can from your PC i.e. leave keyboard/mouse only and see if it's better.

Alternatively just use another PC if you have one.
kozayo

Post by kozayo »

Yes I had that :) My problem was in wireless mouse. Put it out your usb if you have and try again :)

thatsnailguy

Post by thatsnailguy »

I fixed this issue by both plugging into a USB 2.0 port at the back of my computer, and using a new USB cord. I am not sure which one, or maybe both, fixed it as it was very difficult to replicate after I got it to work. It worked fine with both USB cords and all USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 after the successful flash.
SPOOKY to say the least.
budokaiboy

Post by budokaiboy »

Thanks, my Logitech MX Mouse was to blame!

:-)

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”