eepskye & eepe binaries for linux won't work in ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerux). How to build eepskye & eepe

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
DanielGA

eepskye & eepe binaries for linux won't work in ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerux). How to build eepskye & eepe

Post by DanielGA »

Current eepskye & eepe binaries for linux won't work in ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerux) as it has some broken dependencies probably because it was built for Ubuntu 14.04. Missing dependencies are libqt4-gui and libqt4-core as they are not compatible with Ubuntu Xenial.

The good new is that eepskye (and eepe) can be easily build with the following steps:

1. Install QtCreator

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install qtcreator
2. Import project from Github (https://github.com/MikeBland/mbtx). It can be downloaded from browser as a zip file and then extracted or within QtCreator (New project->Git clone). The top folder is mbtx
3. Download the scripts to create stamp files from viewtopic.php?t=8583
4. Extract stamp-eepskye-gen to mbtx/eepe/eepskye
5. Make it executable:

chmod +x stamp-eepskye-gen
and execute

./stamp-eepskye-gen
It will create stamp-eeskye.h in src folder
6. In scr folder double click on eepskye.pro. It will import the project into Qtcreator
7. In QtCreator go to Projects and choose Release build and the path to build it
8. Build the project
9. Finally you may want to copy the executable eepskye from build folder to /usr/local/bin

Change eepskye to eepe in the above steps if you want to build eepe

Regards and congratulations for the great job!!

slimvulcanrider

Re: eepskye & eepe binaries for linux won't work in ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerux). How to build eepskye & eepe

Post by slimvulcanrider »

I haven't worked in Linux for several years. Now that my main system is running openSUSE Leap 42.2 I have been relearning how to build packages again. What I need to know is where to go to learn how to do a build environment from source code... What packages do I need to install? I keep finding Debian packages, but SUSE uses RedHat...
tsenecal

Re: eepskye & eepe binaries for linux won't work in ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerux). How to build eepskye & eepe

Post by tsenecal »

Guys,

i had to rebuild my ubuntu 16.04 box... re-installed everything, but it will no longer build eepskye. it fails with 3 errors and 11 warnings.. the 3 errors are all in modeledit.cpp. all are related to a non-existent "QDoubleSpinBox". exact error is "'QDoubleSpinBox' does not name a type". can anyone that is familiar with this (QT) figure out what needs to be "fixed"... or better yet.. post a compiled binary that runs on 16.04?
tsenecal

Post by tsenecal »

i solved my problem.

i found an older (may 2017) VM on another machine that has mbtx master on it from may of 2017 period of time... i had been using it to compile a custom ersky9x... i was able to compile and install a qt5 version of eepskye r421 there.
mogplus8

Post by mogplus8 »

Had a go at this but ran into a problem. I've never used QTCreator before, so I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I got as far as importing the project into QTCreator, found my way to Projects, but there are no build targets defined there. It also told me there were no "kits", whatever that means. I found the kit maintenance screen and there was a default one there, Desktop. I clicked on it, saw a load of options, didn't change anything but clicked OK. That seems to have done that but I don't know how to setup a "release" build target. Any advice?
Thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You need to open a project, then choose to "build" it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “eepSKYe”