eepSke v421 issues (or not)

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
edelsailor

eepSke v421 issues (or not)

Post by edelsailor »

In the protocol menue I am unable to set ppm to 6 channel @11ms. The scroll stops at 12.5ms. Changing to 11ms does not save. Same for DSM2, and Multi submenue DSM2.
I attached photos, and I hope they show the radio buttons that are not usable.
Summary is that I am unable to set up a model which has a Spektrum ar6100e rx, requires 6 channels, and according to info in this forum,should be 11ms.Image
ImageImageImage

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: eepSke v421 issues (or not)

Post by MikeB »

What Tx module are you using? It is the Tx module that handles the 11mS when using DSM.
The PPM protocol needs at least 2mS for each channel, then something like 4.5mS for the sync pulse, so for 6 channels the frame length should not be less than 16.5mS.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

The tx module is the multi 4 in 1. According to medilec it is a 1rst version(attached photo). Unknown formware at this time (USBASP is in the mail).The rx is a Spektrum ar6100e 6 channel. The tx is a 9xrPro version 218.Image

edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

You commented on a issue that I was trying to resolve. I tried to resovle it with a new creation of a model. But can not set the frame rate to 11ms in eePeskye.
I tried option 2 in the tx menue, which is supposed to be 6 channel @11ms, but still no stick movements to the servos.
viewtopic.php?t=8471

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As mentioned you must NOT set the PPM frame rate to 11ms, nor even to 6CH, that only concerns communication between radio and module. The communication between module and receiver is completely independent and handled separately in the module according to the rotary switch position.

You can leave default PPM settings, BUT you need to select the correct rotary switch position for your receiver on the module.

edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

Kilra, thank you for your reply.
I understand what you stated. The rotary switch is at position 6, for Spektrum DSM.
Am I correct in that the software in the radio and the model program is responsible for communicating the stuck commands to the module through ppm?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep.
The radio can also send channel positions either via serial (needs the resistor added on the module) and in this case lets you choose more detailed RF protocol options.
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

Ok. My mind is foggy at the momebt regarding the resistors. I recall reading that one is for enabling the serial from the radio to the module. The other is for telemetry. Which value goes to serial?

edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

I go get the answers to the resistors later.
Back to why the module is not understanding or possibly not recieving the model program from the radio.
Assuming that all hardware is functioning, and firmware is correct and the right versions. What is possibly wrong with my model set up in eePeSkye? If we elimate the possibility of programming error, then I can assume that I have a bad module.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You never said what the initial problem was, what the LEDs on the module did, etc.

The resistor you want for serial control is the 2.2k one.
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

No issue with the 4 in 1 module yet, that I know of. The lights work, green on for power, red blinks till bind occurs. It binds with the rx every time I turn the radio on, (this is since the initial bind set up) without needing to use the bind button. Red light is on when bound. The servos go to the neutral positions when bound. All this occurs with the rotary switch in position 6 for DSM.

I was under the impression (since the eePeSkye manual only covers an earlier version of the software, that the protocol tab is to be used when setting up a model for flight. The last picture above (beginning of thread) shows this tab, and the use of multi, and DSM2. I am thinking that sll is correct, but the choices for setting 6 channel @11ms is not active in the software.
Am I making sense of this?

I know from my reading and research that within erSkyxr (currently rev218) in the protocol menu option 2 should be 6 channel @11ms.

If I am off track, just let me know and I will go back and redo my homework[emoji6]

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You must either use PPM (leave the subsettings as default) and set the rotary switch to the proper type, OR use multi IF you've added the resistor and set the rotary switch to 0. NOT DSM or anything else.
That's all in the multimodule documentation.
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

Thump me on the head with a stick[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] I remember reading that.
Must be something I am still missing.
Is there a possibility that the present firmware on the module needs a change/update?

Kilra, I want to thank you for your help. I will post an update of what happens after I do exactly as you posted. It will be a few days.
Cheers

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The firmware should work at least in PPM/rotary selection mode. Not sure it supports serial out of the box, I flashed mine straight away.
edelsailor

Post by edelsailor »

Understood, thank you.

Return to “eepSKYe”