EEpskye model writing

eepSKYe is the desktop too for flashing and managing your sky9x firmware.
gatonini

EEpskye model writing

Post by gatonini »

Dont slam the new guy is there a guide somewhere to follow when you are creating a new model what I mean is like do this first this is next. Sorry to be a pia but I'm trying I assume there is a proper order somewhere instead of floundering in the dark .

jhsa

Re: EEpskye model writing

Post by jhsa »

Well, this what I would do..
Download your eeprom from the radio onto eepsky. Create a new blank model. If it its an electric model you want to create a sticky safety switch to a prevent your motor from running if you bump the throttle stick. Remove props or rotors anyway when you are programming a model.. props are worse than knives. :o
Then program your model. Normally, what I do (and I'm sure many disagree) is to go to the limits page, invert the servo direction and adjust every channel subtrim as needed, and then adjust the upper and lower limits for every servo so that they are not stalled with full deflection of the stick. That is a setting the servo will NOT go beyond whatever you do unless you activate a certain option in the model settings (which I don't remember the name right now :) ) that will allow a small amount of travel over the limits depending on your subtrim setting so you still have the same amount of travel both sides of the stick movement. If you need too much subtrim for the control surface to be level, then adjust the servo linkage. That is the best procedure..
Next go to the mixer and start doing your mixing for that model ;)
When you're happy just save the eeprom to your computer and flash it back to the radio.. Your new model should be there..
This is not an exact science. It is how I do it. I hope it helps you. Have fun :D
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
gatonini

Post by gatonini »

I'm trying to program my quad it has a apm 2.8 fc I'm using the dr4-11 rx with the 9xr pro and the fs djt module on the radio
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

First, have you fully explored the relevant 9XR Pro manuals:
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5581&p=101658#p101658

In "9XR Pro First Steps with Ersky9x" we tried hard to address just the sort of question are asking. Then in "Ersky9x Explained" we provided a more systematic explanation of the firmware.

You might also find the new Er9x manual helpful, as most aspects of the two firmwares are very closely related. There are lots of examples in that manual and its appendix.

If you are using an updated version of the Ersky9x firmware, a guide to the new menu structure is here:
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=6810

The key to creating a model is to define, on paper, precisely what each channel needs to do. For a model using SAFE technology you might come up with something like:

CH1 Throttle (-100 to 80)
CH2 Aileron (-80 to 80) INV
CH3 Elevator (-80 to 80)
CH4 Rudder (-80 to 80) INV
CH5 Mode switch, 3-position IDx, (-80, 0, 80)
CH6 Panic button momentary switch TRN (-80, 80)
And similarly for a quad or heli using a flight control. All this info can be obtained from the manual and/or on forums.

Once you've defined the model, you're halfway there.

The first four channels can be set up by ensuring that Channel Order is set correctly in Radio Settings. In this case TAER (the Spektrum standard, but it might be AETR for some FCs). Then you can simply go to MODEL SEL and create a new model. Give it a suitable name and you will find that the first four channels are already created.

Channel 5 required you to set up the three position switch. This is very simple. If you have upgraded the firmware to a recent version, all you have to do is create a mix that uses "sIDX" as the source. Nothing else (leave the switch entry blank). Note that you have to scroll a long way to the right to find sIDx and the other switch source entries.

Channel 6 can be set up simply by creating a mix with "sTRN" as the source.

At this point you have the bare bones of your model and can test it by going to the graphic main screen (the one with bars that respond to sticks and other inputs).

You set the range of action by going to the Limits page and changing the 100 entries to what's needed. For example, CH1 should be -100, 80. If necessary, you can use INV to reverse the action.

That's the kind of process you go through. So go to your FC manual, or whatever, and find out what it needs on each channel. Then do as indicated above.

Of course it can all get quite a bit more complicated in detail, but for simple models its quite easy. Hope this helps.
gatonini

Post by gatonini »

Trying to work through eepskye is there a list of abbreviations that are used lets say when your trying to pick a certain button

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Everything you need to know is in the manuals.

What kind of abbreviations can't you find?
lancaster

Post by lancaster »

Hi Guys
I'm just starting to use EepSkye for the 9Xtreme - I have a simple question - can voice messages and alarms be set up and tested jn the simulation screen?
regards
Hans
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You can program the voice but cannot be tested at present. That would be a nice feature. Maybe we could point eepskye to the place where we have the voice pack on the PC, or even copy it to a directory inside the eepe folder.. this would make it much easier to program the voices as we could use a mouse and keyboard ;) :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
lancaster

Post by lancaster »

Joao
Just noticed a possible anomaly on Eepskye

Input of the expo value can done through the edit mix option or through the expo/dual rate option but the values dont seem to be linked

It seems that the value of expo only works through the expo/dual rate option

any thoughts?

regards
Hans
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The expo/dual rate option operates on the stick source, and is then active anywhere that stick source is used in a mix.
The expo option in a mix applies just to that mix, so allows you to have expo. These are not linked.
Since the expo/dual rate only applies to the sticks, the mix version allows, for example, expo to be applied to a pot.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

No they are not linked.. The expo/DR menu only applies to the 4 sticks.
The mixer allows you to also add expo to other inputs, like pots for example, or a camera gimbal that connects to the radio through a trainer setup.
I just tried eepskye and the expo option in the mix seems to be working.

João

Mike was faster on the trigger :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
lancaster

Post by lancaster »

Hi Mike and Joao

Thanks for clarifying the expo application

I didn't really appreciate the difference between the application to the sticks and the application to the mix - now I understand!

It shows how powerful the firmware really is!

regards Hans

PS I have now successfully fitted four 3 position switches - thanks for the help guys
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Well done ;) :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “eepSKYe”