OSX_configurator for OpenXsensor_v4

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

bruce70

OSX_configurator for OpenXsensor_v4

Post by bruce70 »

I have downloaded OpenXsensor_v4, but my version of OSX_configurator is version 2.1 (Linux). Will this level of configurator work with OpenXsensor V4?

kalle123

Re: OSX_configurator for OpenXsensor_v4

Post by kalle123 »

As far as I know, this is still valid. ;)
Bildschirmfoto39.png
You have to do your adjustmemts/settings in file oXs_config.h. Use oXs_config_description.h for instructions
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

Configurator 2.1 does not yet support all functionalities added to openXsensor after oXs version 2.5.
I think that Configurator makes a check that the first digit of the version number is the same for the configurator and the openXsensor programs.
There is a risk that Configurator 2.1 will not accept to generate a config file if your computer has the openXsensor version 4.

If you do not need some of the new functionalities, best would be to use openXsensor version 2.5 with Configurator 2.1.
You can find it here: https://code.google.com/p/openxsensor/w ... _Downloads

If you need some of the new functionalities offered by openXsensor version 3 or 4, you have to use openXsensor version 4 and edit the file oXs_config.h manually (based on the descriptions provided in the file oXs_config_description.h

Note: I think that a file that had been generated by configurator 2.1 could be reused with openXsensor 4 (because the new parameters added in openXsensor version 4 are optional).

If you have trouble editing the config file, let me know what you are trying and I will provide you a config file that meet your needs.
bruce70

Post by bruce70 »

kallie123 and mstrens,

Thank you for the pointers. I will play around with the config files since I now know where they are documented!

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”