oXs vario 2.5 issue

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

kalle123

Re: oXs vario 2.5 issue

Post by kalle123 »

My god :roll:

I don't dare to post here again.

Soldered the pro mini and the GY-63 together
1224.jpg
... and I don't think, my soldering skills are sooooo bad ;)

TX ON, oXs + X6R ON and back to zero. NOTHING!! Same situation as before ...

After one hour of despair .... I connected the saleae clone on 4, 5 (with 3.3k to GND) and 6.

RESULT -- WORKING

Disconnected 5 and 6. Test again. NOT WORKING.

Connected 5. Test again. WORKING.

@mstrens

Any suggestions?

br KH

mstrens

Post by mstrens »

I do not understand what happens. I pesume all the tests are done with the same firmware so result are not impacted by another firmware version.
Pins 5 and 6 are only outputs so oXs does not use them to have a different way of processing.
Did you change the way Arduino is powered on when you connected the logic analyser?

One solution you have (if you only use your device with X serie Rx) is to uncomment the line //#define FRSKY_TYPE_SPORT. So oXs will be forced to use SPORT protocol and should always work.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

mstrens wrote:I do not understand what happens.
Me for sure neither.
mstrens wrote:I pesume all the tests are done with the same firmware so result are not impacted by another firmware version.
Yes. Your ver. 3.1, you send.
mstrens wrote: Pins 5 and 6 are only outputs so oXs does not use them to have a different way of processing.
Did you change the way Arduino is powered on when you connected the logic analyser?
But if pin 5 is connected to the saleae clone, it WORKS!
Saleae is connected to the pc. Probes attached. TX is powered on and then the RX with oXs at the s-port is powered ON.
mstrens wrote: One solution you have (if you only use your device with X serie Rx) is to uncomment the line //#define FRSKY_TYPE_SPORT. So oXs will be forced to use SPORT protocol and should always work.
No way. Pin 5 to the analyzer, then it works.

One proposal, mstrens. Send me your address per PM and I put this small devil in an envelop and send it to you. So you can have a look at it yourself ...

br and good night - KH

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”