OpenXSensor project page on google code

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

RightRudder

Re: OpenXSensor project page on google code

Post by RightRudder » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 pm

How does one configure for jeti? I don't know anything about jeti but I am curious how to make an oXs for jeti radios. I don't see anything in the config.help about it either.

mstrens

Post by mstrens » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:24 am

The current version on github does not yet contains the code for Jeti.
The Jeti version is just on my laptop waiting for bug fixes.
In this Jeti version, there will be a new value in the config.h file in order to let select JETI protocol instead of MULTPLEX, HOTT or FRSKY.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:46 am

I've received request(s) to support JETI telemetry protocol on ersky9x. Do you have details of whatthe protocol looks like?

Mike.
ersky9x/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

mstrens

Post by mstrens » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:30 am

I think there are several versions.
Here the document I used for the duplex protocol between Rx and sensor.

There is also some code available here:
https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:wi ... =jeti%20ex

and here:
https://github.com/DevFor8/Mav2Duplex
Attachments
JETI_Telem_protocol_EN_korektura (1).pdf
(1 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

RightRudder

Post by RightRudder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

I gather from what I have read that different people have different ideas about what they want to do with Jeti compatibility. Some folks want to use oXs as a sort of hub for jeti sensors so they can use jeti sensors with taranis. Others want to use oXs as a sensor that can send telemetry to a jeti receiver.

Mike it is good to know someone still cares about Sky9x! It almost seems like openTX is openTaranis these days. I have a 9x with a sky board but I admit it mostly sits as a backup for taranis these days. I have special feelings for it though.

jhsa

Post by jhsa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

RightRudder wrote: I have a 9x with a sky board but I admit it mostly sits as a backup for taranis these days. I have special feelings for it though.
You don't know what you are missing then :) With some new functionality Ersky9x has for all the platforms :)
No way I would swap any of my radios for a Taranis, as I already have the best parts of the taranis in them, that is, gimbals and sliders. All the rest (Perhaps except the LCD) is far superior in my opinion..
You can install new hardware quite easily for example.. It's a dream :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

RightRudder

Post by RightRudder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm sure you are right, I don't know what I am missing. I find it challenging to simply keep abreast of all the changes that happen just with Taranis and oXs. I put the 9x aside 'temporarily' when I got a taranis and haven't gotten back to it yet! I did upgrade the LCD display when I bought the sky board. I'll have to get back to that one day soon. It is such a cool radio now with so much more than the original 9x.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:23 pm

I tend to actually fly using ersky9x on a Taranis, mainly so I have a specific Tx with all my models in ready to use.

Mike.
ersky9x/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

RightRudder

Post by RightRudder » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Well we are off topic and I will bring it back at the end of this post , but I didn't even know you could do that. I thought ersky9x was just a version of opentx for the hardware on a sky board. You can load it onto a taranis?

Back on the Jeti subject, I have been making my own hardware for oXs, I started doing that with something tailored toward DLG and now that I've gotten bit by the heli bug I use an oXs to trigger rescue mode in the flybarless controller which flips the heli level and climbs automatically when an low altitude threshold is crossed. The heli guys are calling this a 'hard deck' although it is really a 'soft deck' The latest version of this sensor incorporates a 40A hall current chip and has provision to monitor a 4s pack and head speed. I found it wasn't very economical to make and try to sell the boards tailored for DLG. It will likely be worse with this heli oriented board but if it could be made to work with Jeti then that brings in a larger possible market and I could see if there is any interest in making it available to others.

mstrens

Post by mstrens » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:50 pm

You can expect in some weeks (or days) that oXs will support Jeti (as wel as Multiplex, Hott and Frsky).
I do not think it should be possible to support Futaba with an Arduino Pro Mini.
I think it would require another MCU like a STM32 but then a large part of the code should be rewritten.

jhsa

Post by jhsa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Off Topic
RightRudder wrote:I thought ersky9x was just a version of opentx for the hardware on a sky board.
No, it is actually the other way round ;) OpenTX was forked from Er9x/ErSky9x :)
You can load it onto a taranis?
Yes you can flash Ersky9x to a Taranis Radio.. Please check www.er9x.com

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”