OpenXvario with audio OUT

Development & General Chat for the superb openxvario project.

Moderator: rainer

MartiSvaton

OpenXvario with audio OUT

Post by MartiSvaton »

Hallo,
I want to ask. Is it possible to have vario beeps out on some of the free pin? I want to get better audio output and send it to my T9x via RF433 as published there in the first post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749208

I am newbie to arduino world. It is just the idea how to get more realistic vario beeps in T9x with other function which OxV provides.

LionKing

Re: OpenXvario with audio OUT

Post by LionKing »

hi, MartiSvaton.I have seen this project (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 08)too.Now I am study OpenXvario。I have a question,Dose OpenXvario use vario show the climbrate?
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

Hello,

Are you using a FRSKY receiver with telemetry?
If so, it seems me easier to use the standard code for OXS. Then OXS send the vertical speed to Tx using the FRSKY 2.4G protocol. On Tx side, I presume you can then :
- let the T9X generates some sound (perhaps it is just what you want to improve)
- add an arduino to the TX in order to capture the telemetry data and generate the sound as you expect. You can see such a solution at page 4 in the link you mentionned

If you are not using a FRSKY telemetry system, why not use the solution provided in the link you mentioned.
In fact OXS uses the same hardware (Arduino, baro sensor). Both calculates vertical speed nearly in the same way. OXS has some more code in order to communicate with FRSKY telemetry system and to read/transmit some more voltage/current sensors.
LionKing

Post by LionKing »

i am not using FRSKY receiver with telemetry,i want use a buzzer show the climbrate.I wonder if i can use oxs instead of this(http://www.brauniger.com/en/products/fl ... .html).OXS has provided PIN_AnalogClimbRate port that is PWM.it is designed to connect to the analog telemetry ports and provide a voltage relative to the climbrate
MartiSvaton

Post by MartiSvaton »

mstrens wrote:Hello,

Are you using a FRSKY receiver with telemetry?
If so, it seems me easier to use the standard code for OXS. Then OXS send the vertical speed to Tx using the FRSKY 2.4G protocol. On Tx side, I presume you can then :
- let the T9X generates some sound (perhaps it is just what you want to improve)
- add an arduino to the TX in order to capture the telemetry data and generate the sound as you expect. You can see such a solution at page 4 in the link you mentionned
Hi
Yes I thought about these method.
I am using FRSky and I tried this method with air and ground station. It works nice but It is just the sound with no other telemtry data.
When I try to connect OXS as air station and use the ground station with code on page 4. It doesn´t work.
I am not sure but I thing there is code for sound generation in air station which is coded to RS232link and ground station just decode the sound data. There is no Vspd coming from telmetry out in Tx.

It would be great to learn arduino read the climbrate data from RS232 on Tx side.. But I realy don´t know how to do it :-)

mstrens

Post by mstrens »

MartiSvaton wrote:
I am not sure but I thing there is code for sound generation in air station which is coded to RS232link and ground station just decode the sound data. There is no Vspd coming from telmetry out in Tx.
XOS and the project at page 4 use the same hardware but they use 2 different logics to calculate data and mainly to encode the data that are transmitted from Rx to Tx. Therefore mixing an XOS in the air with an arduino using code from page 4 (ground station) can not work.
If you want to use a XOS and an Arduino on the ground to decode XOS data and to generate tones, then you should have to write you own code for the ground Arduino.
This code should
- read all the data on the RS232link
- recognise and extract the data regarding the Vertical Speed
- generate tones based on Vertical Speed.
It is possible but it requires some programming knowlegde.
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,

@MartiSvaton

I've done a little project that is doing exactly what mstrens talks about and you can find some infos here :
http://www.modelisme.com/forum/aero-rad ... frsky.html

It's in french so just use an online translator.

Tchao
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

I think that the development made by davx should work.
Here some more comments:
- this development reads the data A1 or A2 received by the TX on a DJT module; I am not 100% sure if it would work with an XJT module. I presume you are using a D serie RX with an DJT module
- OXV and the new firmware for OXS can generate an analog signal corresponding to vertical speed. Take care that it requires some setup (e.g. in the config.h from OXS). When the set up is done correctly, Arduino will generate a PWM signal that you can connect e.g. to A2 using a resistor and a capacitor to filter the signal.
- It should be possible to avoid a connection to A2 (or A1) and the resistor+capacitor if the Arduino at TX side would decode the VSPD data instead of the A2/A1. Still this require some minor changes in the arduino program provided with the link from davx.

Return to “OpenXVario - an open source vario supported by the open source firmwares!!”