DIY Headtracker PPM centre & Min/Max settings?

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
Bosshawg

DIY Headtracker PPM centre & Min/Max settings?

Post by Bosshawg »

To suit a 8ch & 12ch model on OpenTx 2.18 for an AR9X and Taranis Plus.
Am able to set up a 8ch & 12ch Model on both Tx's such that when calibrated i can buddy cable them together with no problems.When i use the DIY Headtracker which has been calibrated there is an offset to the PPM centres on channels 6,7&8.Which I can not adjust away with the GUI after trying numerous permutations.
Please if anyone knows the correct PPM Centres & Min/Max settings for a Frsky 8Ch & Futaba 12Ch Set-Up,could they post them.It would be much appreciated(12ch Futaba setup is for RealFlight Sim use) :?
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!... Douglas Adams: "Mostly Harmless"

Kilrah

Re: DIY Headtracker PPM centre & Min/Max settings?

Post by Kilrah »

Just set an offset on the mixer line that gives control to the HT?

Futaba center is 1520, most others are 1500
Bosshawg

Post by Bosshawg »

Thanks Kilrah!
Moving the Headtracker output channels to 1,2 & 4 in the GUI,allowed me to see where i was going
wrong, as the Trainer Calibration page shows only the 1st 4 channels.Headtracker Reset to the desired
output Channels afterwards.
I found that 2200 ppm centres worked for both 8Ch & 12Ch headtrackers and left the Min/Max values for
the Trainer Calibration to sort out.As i had enabled PPM Input in the Arduino code for the Headtracker
it seemed helpful to force all the other channels to be centred in the Tx before calibrating Trainer.
Setting the ppm centre adjustment on Outputs/Servo page in Tx to 1520 sorted the 12Ch
RealFlight/Futaba Mix.
Apart from taking the PPM Output from the Module Bay to the Simulator, is there any way of injecting
the Headtrackers PPM signal and retaining use of the trainer jack?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I believe the headtracker can take PPM in and append its 2 channels...

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”