Arduino-based mode-switch for APM

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
not2fast

Re: Arduino-based mode-switch for APM

Post by not2fast »

sgofferj wrote:Sure. I used the Pro Mini because it's smaller and I have a whole basket full.

sgofferj,
I just noticed you have a LAND button on your board. What APM do you have? I have 3DR and a HK and the Mission planner does not have a LAND mode. How does yours work?
Thanks

Camboui

Post by Camboui »

sgofferj wrote:There was some good resonance on DIYD. I might have a bunch of PCBs made if I find a fab which does small numbers with reasonable prices.
Just wondering, did you find a suitable PCB fab ?
Thanks
sgofferj

Post by sgofferj »

not2fast wrote:I just noticed you have a LAND button on your board. What APM do you have? I have 3DR and a HK and the Mission planner does not have a LAND mode. How does yours work?
Uhm, yes, APM:Copter has a land mode which is selectable from MP. I'm not sure about APM:Plane, though. You can check this in the APM support forums. I have all 3DR stuff now but the hardware platform doesn't matter. It's in the firmware.
screenshot53.png
not2fast

Post by not2fast »

Camboui wrote:
sgofferj wrote:There was some good resonance on DIYD. I might have a bunch of PCBs made if I find a fab which does small numbers with reasonable prices.
Just wondering, did you find a suitable PCB fab ?
Thanks
What radio do you have? I may have something that will work. They are CNC machined, not etched but work very well. I can do just about any shape you want.
Attachments
103_0019.JPG
deldude

Post by deldude »

Hello not2fast,
I have a 9x, if you can do a pcb similar to the one on the first post.
I will take it :-)
Regards.

not2fast

Post by not2fast »

deldude wrote:Hello not2fast,
I have a 9x, if you can do a pcb similar to the one on the first post.
I will take it :-)
Regards.
Do you mean one like sgofferj's vertical arrangement in his first post or my first design? I got the 9xR board to work on my 9x with an external battery and as soon as I find some AV plugs and sockets I can take power from inside the 9x and eliminate the battery. I've been playing around with the 9xR board layout on the 9x so I still have the MANUAL close to the left thumb. I think that's the biggest advantage of the buttons, how much faster you can get to MANUAL. If you want this for a radio tray then I'll play with that idea.
deldude

Post by deldude »

Yes I mean like the vertical arrangement, but i'am curious to see your design on a 9x.
not2fast

Post by not2fast »

103_0032.JPG
103_0030.JPG
Version 7. I tried one of the HK mounts first and it worked ok but made the transmitter feel twice as big. This is much better. And the screen is on with velcro so it comes off with the Tx module.
not2fast

Post by not2fast »

Still working on the Futaba, 9x and universal.

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”