Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
musfar

Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Post by musfar »

[FRSkY PRODUCT QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS]

I would like to ask your suggestion in my RC model. In my design, I preplanned to use Horus-X12S and X8R, and then when it is necessary to obtain even longer range and using 2 receivers at a time. I have some confusion to finalize the model.

Lets Say, X8R and L9R. I was looking for possibilities of using two receivers at the same time. Since I got to know about Redundancy Bus (RB-10) or one with built-in redundancy receiver like RX8R. It might be possible with RX8R with another X-Series receiver but I don't see any additional benefit of using the combination of two X-Series receivers such as RX8R and X8R because both have the same operating range.

I agree that the L9R can provide better-operating range than X8R and RX8R. Therefore, I am thinking that. is there any possibilities of using (X8R and L9R) or (RX8R and L9R) with redundancy function.
I have no concern about using RB-10 (REDUNDANCY BUS MODULE) or built-in redundancy function receivers but I want to have one FrSky's X-Series receiver and longer range than X-Series receivers (such as L9R).
Is it possible ? I have this question because X8R/RX8r works in D16 mode but L9R works LR12 mode. Therefore I need to clarify this first.

Suppose L9R cannot be binded at a time with another receiver then, is there any other receiver has the same operating range as L9R?

Kindly provide me with your suggestion into that. Thank you.

Kilrah

Re: Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Post by Kilrah »

You can't bind an X8R and an L9R simultaneously to the same module, you'd need a 2nd module.

Dual receivers are already useful if they have the same range since what matters is the diversity of antenna placements.
musfar

Re: Binding two FrSky's receiver at a time #X8R #RX8R #L9R #RB-10 Redundancy bus ?

Post by musfar »

Kilrah wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 am You can't bind an X8R and an L9R simultaneously to the same module, you'd need a 2nd module.

Dual receivers are already useful if they have the same range since what matters is the diversity of antenna placements.

Thank you for your reply. If you are familiar with FrSky's taranis TX, horus TX, what would be the external module option for L9R.

What do you mean when you say 2nd module? then is it like

Internal Antenna bind with X8R and external antenna module bind with L9R.
Then one TX can communicate with two receivers (X8R and L9R) simultaneosly. ??
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep. Just put an XJT in the module bay and disable telemetry on it.
You might need to mount the antenna a bit away from the internal one.

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”