RC Transmitter IC indentification?

Electronic projects that are either related to the firmwares for the 9x, or simply great for radio control applications.
midge5

RC Transmitter IC indentification?

Post by midge5 »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to identify this IC from a UDI transmitter, I don't recognise the manufacturer logo and upon searching for the IC number & logo I come up with nothing, does anyone recognise it and if possible a link to the datasheet please.

I think the chip manufacturer could be Nuvoton but this is only a hunch and I can find no data on their site, I do know though that they can sometimes mix up the chip number stamped on the IC to the one in a parts list or datasheet (Dont know why).
The number on this chip is hidden underneath for some reason, usually this is done for heatsinking reasons but for some reason this is not the case here.

anyway enough waffle.... here is a picture of the IC with logo to the bottom right, any help would be gratefully received.

Always willing to learn, though these days it takes alot. a very lonely old dog can indeed still learn new tricks (Just)

Kilrah

Re: RC Transmitter IC indentification?

Post by Kilrah »

Part nos are always on the top. But several manufacturers nowadays grind the top side of components precisely to prevent identification and reverse engineering.

Sent via mobile
midge5

Post by midge5 »

Kilrah wrote:Part nos are always on the top. But several manufacturers nowadays grind the top side of components precisely to prevent identification and reverse engineering.

Sent via mobile

Thankyou Kilrah......yes I understand that totally, I just wanted to try and understand the circuit a little better and perhaps make use of the seperate 2.4ghz tx which is a tiny module.....I have a bulk load of these tranmitters I got cheap from fleabay, I have been into electronics since I was about 8 yrs old so about 40 ish years but increasing poor health over the last 20 years has gotten in the way when trying to keep up with tech and as im sure you understand things have changed massively during that time, although I do on occasions like to try and face the challenge of what now seems beyond me lol well I try anyway....

cheers I apprecate your input greatly and that of all of openrc.......

Kind Regards - George.
Always willing to learn, though these days it takes alot. a very lonely old dog can indeed still learn new tricks (Just)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It might help to see the circuit board, not just the chip.

But as with 99.99% of things nowadays it's likely a microcontroller, with everything "intelligent" about it being the software you'd have no access to. So knowing what it is probably won't get you any further, only a part no for the RF chip on the module could help you maybe find doc about how to use it. If you can't find any, then a logic analyzer to see how the microcontroller comunicates with the RF chip would be your friend.

Return to “General RC Electronic Projects and Discussion”