Hitec Telemetry on Horus:module pins and SPORT info

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
xnaron

Hitec Telemetry on Horus:module pins and SPORT info

Post by xnaron »

I am trying to feed hitec telemetry into the Horus using a Teensy 3.1 and this code here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2245978 to emulate SPORT telemetry. My question is around the physical connection to the module port on the Horus.

Looking here https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/T ... erial-port

it looks like pin 5 on the module is SPORT? Should I be feeding into this pin or maybe pin 2 which is labelled as SBUS input.

Do I need a level inverter?

My code is here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=523

Just looking for some confirmation on which module pin. I tried both 5 and 2 and neither would have the Horus be able to discover the sensor telemetry being fed in from the Teensy 3.1. Tried with external module configured to PPM and XJT/D16

thanks,
Brendin

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Hitec Telemetry on Horus:module pins and SPORT info

Post by MikeB »

SBUS and SPort are different things, the telemetry is SPort, and the input (pin 5) is expecting INVERTED serial data.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
xnaron

Post by xnaron »

MikeB wrote:SBUS and SPort are different things, the telemetry is SPort, and the input (pin 5) is expecting INVERTED serial data.

Mike.
Thanks. Is the inverted serial data also what the receivers (X8R) would be expecting on the SPORT input? Or is it the case that pin 5 is not an SPORT pin but rather just an input that takes inverted serial data?

thanks,
Brendin
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes the SPort connection is always inverted serial. Pin 5 on the Horus is a full SPort connection, bi-directional, inverted serial.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
xnaron

Post by xnaron »

MikeB wrote:Yes the SPort connection is always inverted serial. Pin 5 on the Horus is a full SPort connection, bi-directional, inverted serial.

Mike.
Thanks. So the Sport connection on the Horus should work the same as an Sport connection on an rx such as X8R. That means it should be working. thanks for confirming the pin. I'll continue debugging.

Brendin

xnaron

Post by xnaron »

xnaron wrote:
MikeB wrote:Yes the SPort connection is always inverted serial. Pin 5 on the Horus is a full SPort connection, bi-directional, inverted serial.

Mike.
Thanks. So the Sport connection on the Horus should work the same as an Sport connection on an rx such as X8R. That means it should be working. thanks for confirming the pin. I'll continue debugging.

Brendin
I got it working. I needed to enable #define POLLING_ENABLED in the frsky telemetry code.

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”