Horus DIY

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
Drashiel

Horus DIY

Post by Drashiel »

Hi,

I´m looking for improvements on my old Futaba radio, interested on color touchscreen and other improvements like expo, throttle warning, time warning... I was thinking on made my own changes OpenTx code to adapt a touchscreen to mega2560. But since Opentx team looks like will release a open source Horus compatible firmware, there will be a project like mega2560 with Horus code? maybe with a STM32F4 microcontroller?

Regards.

Drashiel

Re: Horus DIY

Post by Drashiel »

Finally I'm doing by my own (with opentx staff help).
Attachments
IMG_20160305_185800.jpg
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Great job, I always thought the 2560 DIY project was a bit stupid for using an outdated (and unnecessarily expensive) platform... Now you're actually in advance and cheaper :D

Have you planned some audio? Waveshare's VS1003B board seems like it would be compatible with only potentially minor adjustments.
Drashiel

Post by Drashiel »

Yes, I reviewed some audio boards and I think I found exacly I need, waveshare board or another chinese clone could do the trick. But first need to do:
- Improve power system (ensure I can power on/off with the button, power on/off all stuff like rf module, LCD, check battery level...).
- Ensure PPM out is working fine (to feed DTH module).
- Ensure telemetry is working.
- Do a keyboard to control this "creature" (I think Rarus will be a great name).
- I love trainer port to practice on simulator, I need this working too.

ADC is working, as least channels 1 to 8 and SD card too. Of course as you can see LCD has a nice image.

I´ll update when have new news.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I guess at some point someone will need to make a little carrier board the CPU board could be plugged onto, otherwise it's gonna become a big wiring mess, especially once SD and things are added...

Marcos

Post by Marcos »

Hi! Where I can find more info about this? I am very keen to try this out. I have STM32F429iDISCO lying around and I think it would make great diy project to stuff it in to my FS-T6 transmitter. I was fiddling with AR-T6 earlier, but the MCU in FS-T6 is running out of memory fast.
ale90000

Post by ale90000 »

hi guys i'm look to contact Drashiel, for many question can you send me an email please [email protected]
Drashiel

Post by Drashiel »

Hi

This weekend I fried mainboard and start to consider to sleep the project for a time. This is the final "photo", I have until 07/MAR/2017 opentx "rarus" firwmare:

I can share all information with anyone who wants to continue with project.
Attachments
IMG_20170227_083234.jpg
dp2010

Post by dp2010 »

Hi,

any news on this? Would be very interested in an DIY TX with STM32 and color display.

Is there more information available on the hardware of the rarus?
PumaFPV

Updating the project

Post by PumaFPV »

Hi, I discovered the nextstep project some times ago but I discovered yours quite recently and it seems really intersting. Using a stm32 sounds better but the touchscreen feature, i love it. i'm tired of bulky tx and i've fallen in love with the mavic controller, compact awesome quality (better than anything on the market i would say...). So what i want it to put opentx inside of this "box", ive removed the electronic from inside and just left the hall effect sensor for the gimbals (i'll have to fiugre out how they work... seems to be i2c)
I'll love to learn to developp this project but i dont think i'll be able to do it alone...
Hope someone is still here checking this thread

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”