Horus X10 battery charging

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
GeoffSleath

Horus X10 battery charging

Post by GeoffSleath »

I took delivery of a new X10 last week and I've transferred all my X9D models successfully after installing OpenTX. I notice that the supplied mains charger outputs 15v dc @ 1 amp. After a self inflicted disaster charging my X9D from an 'intelligent' charger when I first bought it just after they were released some years ago (which I repaired by replacing a MOSFET after advice from here) I'm wary of doing anything different from the instructions. However, it would be useful sometimes to be able to recharge the battery when no mains supply is available. Is it OK to charge from a 12v dc supply? eg a lead acid car or leisure battery?

I'm guessing it wouldn't harm the internal circuit but would it work? After my early experience I don't want to 'guess' with much a more expensive piece of kit.

btw I'm very pleased with it. For those concerned about its size, it's only slightly bigger and heavier than my Taranis X9D and with very few mods (to the tray) I've been able to fit it into the Frsky tray I use with my X9D without making the tray useless for the old transmitter.

Geoff

OctavioS

Re: Horus X10 battery charging

Post by OctavioS »

Well Horus X10/s has a built in lithium battery charger, the only thing you have to do is to add a power supply. Regarding the voltage, it happened to me that i charged my x10s with a taranis adapter/power supply and it charged ok, but the battery became depleted much faster. It didnt last half the time.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”