Horus X12S icons missing at top of screen

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Horus. (not yet released)
roadster1200xl

Horus X12S icons missing at top of screen

Post by roadster1200xl »

So I'm new to the Horus X12S and I've been helping set one up. Initially everything looked good and we were getting familiar with it but at some point after we created a new model for our drone I noticed the top of the main screen no longer has any icons on it (see picture). This seems like a sign of something wrong but I can't find anything in the manual. We're still running the original OS but at firmware 1.4.02.
Any ideas?
Attachments
x12s.JPG

Kilrah

Re: Horus X12S icons missing at top of screen

Post by Kilrah »

You need to connect the radio via USB and update the resources on the internal memory (supplied in the same zip as the firmware)
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Exactly. Those files are in the firware zip file.
Last edited by OctavioS on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
roadster1200xl

Post by roadster1200xl »

Thanks, that turned out to be the problem.
wirebender

Post by wirebender »

I updated firmware and have the same problem what is the recourse file?
Is it the bootload .dfu file? thats the only other file I can see.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The contents of the FLASH folder.
MTD

Post by MTD »

I am confused , Do you copy flash contents to which file on the Horus to solve this problem?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

When you connect the Horus via USB with no SD card installed you get a new disk drive on your computer. Copy the contents of the FLASH folder into that, overwriting what's existing.
MTD

Post by MTD »

Thank you !
goblinman

Post by goblinman »

I have horus x12s and having trouble with my gain values transferring to my micro beast . I'm using the orx transmitter module and all other functions work fine. just cant change gain. says 50% radio and has me in 100% rate mode in normal mode :cry:
davebutler

Post by davebutler »

I have just updated the firmware on my X12s and have the top row of icons missing.
I updated from 1.2.XX to 1.5.04.
I read below about downloading a flash file that was included in the firmware download but there is no flash file with 1.5.04.
I tried to download the flash file from the last upgrade that had a flash file attached (1.4.02(Beta)) and got the message "Not enough memory".
I deleted the files and replaced them with the files in 1.4.02 and all seems OK.
I did loose all my aircraft settings that I had but that is not an issue, easy to replace only had a few.

My question is "Is my Horus OK to go flying with?", "Have I done something that needs to be fixed and if so How do I fix this?"

Please if I can ask, I am a simple man If you can answer in a way I can easily understand.

Thanks

Dave B.
Attachments
x12s.JPG
x12s.JPG (36.99 KiB) Viewed 8680 times
mbrund

Post by mbrund »

I had the same issue updating my Horus X12S with the icon missing. FrSky is no longer including the FLASH directory with the image, or if they are they have forgotten to including the .gif files that populate parts of the screen. You will need to find an older version of Firmware like 1.4.04 and then copy the files from /FLASH/IMAGES/bitmaps to your Horus flash. Simply turn on your Horus (MAKE SURE THE HORUS IS POWERED ON), plug a USB cable into the back of the Horus and to your Windows computer (a USB logo should appear on the Horus screen), on your Windows computer you should see a USB Drive (x:) (drive letter is dependent on your system). Click on that drive and navigate to the IMAGES directory, now copy the missing "bitmap" directory here and when you restart your Horus the icons will appear on the banner.

Cheers,
Michael

Return to “FRSky Horus radio”