Need Help Trying To Figure Out 9XR

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
Halington

Need Help Trying To Figure Out 9XR

Post by Halington »

Hello everyone, I AM BUILDING an EXI 450 heli and will be using the 9XR transmitter with original firmware. I need help setting up the 9xr,it is driving me out of my mind trying to figure it out. My throttle was on the left, now it is on the right and it is moving left to right instead of up and down. Here is what I have so far:
swash type-120
collective-CH 11
swash ring-50
ail-ch 1
ele-ch 2
esc-ch 3
gyro-ch 4 & 5
cylic-ch 6

these are the parts I am using:3 exi 213 servo, tail servo-gs-d9257,turnigy 40 amp esc, turnigy typhoon 2215 motor, gyro-ga410 and turnigy nano-tech 2650mah battery.
I want to do my first flight this weekend or else summer will be over and I am still building. Thanks for whatever assistance you guys can give me.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Need Help Trying To Figure Out 9XR

Post by Rob Thomson »

Have you watched the video guides yet? Link on right of the site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Halington

Post by Halington »

I watched some of it,but I am still getting problems.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Halington wrote:My throttle was on the left, now it is on the right and it is moving left to right instead of up and down.
Might be best to post your eepe file here, so that we can see what is going on and offer some help. So far we have half a story.
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

what mode is the radio built , is it a mode 2 system ?
What mode do you want to fly

Stick with it i was in this position a while ago but i got through it . Like everything in this hobby ,from the outside it seems so confusing, even building helis was once mission impossible but through persistence you will pick it up
Josh

Halington

Post by Halington »

Thanks for replying guys.I ordered mode 1 radio,out of the box it was mode 2.I kept it with no complain to Hobby King.I have no idea what an eepe file is.As you can see,I am a green horn.All I want to do is set the heli up so that I can learn to hover.I would like to know how to set the servos limit,so as to level the swash.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

It is fairly easy to alter the sticks to work as they should. It is a case of swapping over one spring and the friction band.

When you bought the TX, did you also buy a USBASP programmer? .. If you didn't, then it would be a good idea to get one from Rperkins who is a member on this site.

Once you have that and installed Eepe onto your computer, then it is fairly easy to move forward and offer more help.

You could start by installing Eepe onto your computer and then having a look around the template library for something that might help you.. See here ----> http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=38
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

Ok so you are going to set this up as a mode 2 radio as supplied ? You need to confirm your model is mode 2 as well ,DOWN BOTTOM OF RADIO SETUP MENU IS MODE OPTIONS ,
So left button takes you to 1/5 menu ,down button takes you to mode options make sure you have the correct setting for your liking
Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “tgy9xr”