Please help me set - step 1 gyro

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
josuahj

Please help me set - step 1 gyro

Post by josuahj »

Alright i cant swap the. Firmware i will try to set it up
i been muckin around and I am getting somewhere , I am going to set this up on my hk 500 fly barred with fly mentor . I have it flying on my th9x/ turnigy 9x
I have the flymentor gain on channel 5
And the tail gain on ch 7
Of rx
I have set (radio 9xr) ch1 70% ail
Ch2 70% ele
Ch 3 100% thr
Ch4 70% rid
Ch6 70 thr
Ok the stick movements and motor are acting correctly , I reversed ch1 only I may change it back and reverse it on the fm pc controller
Now I need to set the 3 way switch Id switch so it pumps out -70 up 0% centre +70 down into ch5
I need to also use the gear switch as the tail gyro , 30% approx
I only want 1 throttle curve pitch etc
And set the thr hold

I am going to give this a good try
Josh

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Please help me set - step 1 gyro

Post by MikeB »

Good on you!

Is this you are unable to re-flash at all?

What version of er9x are you using, is it the version that shipped with the 9XR?

On curent versions of er9x, the 3 position switch is available as a source to a mixer. So for channel 5 you would just need:
CH05: +70% 3POS.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

Yes can't reflash until I get a new USBasp , I assume that's what's stopping me a faulty unit anyway , I figured out a few things. My rx is a turnigy 9 ch that came with the turnigy 9x , still wired the same. I just swapped out the module fr the 9x to the 9xr . And it is the same firmware as shipped .
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

So 3pos will make it 70%
How Bout the other 2 positions
2pos
1pos
And the channel 7 how do I make that head hold etc
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Here is a good starting point to figure out Er9x:
http://openrcforums.com/wiki/index.php/Er9x_user_guide

-Gohst

josuahj

Post by josuahj »

i am getting nowhere on setting the gains for the tail and the fm, again i need the 3 position switch id , to
id0 +70
id1 0
id2 -70
and i need that to feed ch5 on the rx
now those numbers are the standard gyro setting figures from the 9x , i dont know if its the same value as on the 9xr ,as the 9xr goes to +- 125 ,not +- 100 like standard radios
,ahh its got be buggered , yes i have the manuals and i am reading them but as i did for the last few weeks its all so hard i just dont get it
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

also ,please the gyro , i have it on channel 7 ,tail gyro ch 7
+ 30 % ,thats the value on the 9x anyway .. i had this heli running on my 9x ,ch 7 tail sense , ch5 flymentor gain running through the gear switch ,tail was running ch7 through the pitch trim dial
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

First mix on CH5
CH05: source HALF, weight 70%, switch ID0
Second mix on CH5
CH05: source HALF, weight -70%, switch ID2
The default output is 0%

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

Thanks mike I will try it when I get home later
Ok home trying it all out , why the half on source option , that is confusing
Last edited by josuahj on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

By the way is the stock 9xr different than er9x firmware ? I see others complaining about hk diddling it
Now I set the tail gyro ch7
Source half
Weight 40 switch gear
Now that makes it work with gear sw flipped towards me but how do I make a setting say -40 when it's pushed away from me (default) , ok I think I may have it , sw or !sw I think that means either side
I am also trying to set the thr cut , anyone tell me how to add that to mix please
Josh
Last edited by josuahj on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

This is great I am getting somewhere , that's got the fm set up , I am happy , I am confused on the th/pitch curve is that there somewhere obviously I see the curve menu but which curve is it using , and how do I tell it what curve to use , remember I am using the ID sw already. . I have now got the tail gyro set up working and the th hold , if I can just work out how to set the pitch and throttle curve I will be ready for flight test
Josh
Last edited by josuahj on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You configure a curve on the curve menu and then go to the mix menu and edit the mix you want to add the curve to. when you're in the edit screen, scroll down and you will see the option "curve". then just choose the curve you created for that mix.. as simple as that..
That is the power of it.. I think you are very close to your "eureka" moment as you already start to understand how the programming works.. it is a bit scary at the beginning but once we learn a little bit about it, it becomes much easier..

By the way, HALF means that when the mix is off the channel will be in the "0" zero position, in the middle.
then you can for example set it with a switch to change it for example to -100 or +100, or any value in between. It uses HALF of the channel travel.
FULL uses the complete channel travel. so, if you set it at 100%, it will switch from -100% to 100%, being off at -100%

I don't know if you already did, but download eepe, install it on your computer and you can program there as you do on the radio.. then you can test things and check what they do without changing your models in the tx.. you can even create new models with it. and it's fun ;)

http://code.google.com/p/eepe/

I hope this helps a little bit.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

Thanks mate I can't use my USBasp at moment as its a dud , I am understanding the full and half now , half means basically 0 - 100 full means -100 to +100
And I see curve menu is that the pitch curve where's the throttle curve , is that the th curve then where's pitch curve
ok so do i set "curve "c1 (example ) on each channel

Ahhh I think I have it , I can set ch3,(thr) to c3 (example) and ch6 (pitch channel) to c1
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You can set whatever you want everywhere..

You don't need the USBasp to work with eepe on the computer..
eepe simulates the radio. you can program your models in it and then just copy them to your radio and do the final adjustments there. (But for that you need a working USBasp, of course..)
and after you programmed a model in eepe, you can just hit the "simulate" button and another window will popup where you can see the sticks, switches and channels outputs. So, you can see whatever you programmed working..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

Well it flys ok , th curve is all over place but i am playing with that
I wish the thr curve was 0-100 not -100 +100 , could I change that I wonder by making source half mmmmm but the source is thr , make sw thr ? Source half. .....don't want it to spin up. Chop off , thr cut works

Now I just got to stop. The vibrations I changed radios as I hoped it was my last 9x tx that was giving me trouble highly unlikely but I tried everything else
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You can adjust the curve in the curve menu. If you want the curve to be 0 to 100, you can just adjust the values..

João

Oh and congrats for getting it in the air already ;) :D

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

well thats got my first 500 heli flying , now i am on another, i need to set ch7 to the 3pot dial ,or flight trim,aux 2 . i want the dial to pump out -100 to +100 with zero in the centre position. i have been experimenting but the outputs keep changing .. one min its 0 to 90+ then its another figure on the next turn .. never the same . confusing
+
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Setting one of the pots should be simple

CHx 100% P1 (or 2 or 3 whichever you want)

With no other mixes it will give you -100 to 100 output on that channel. Of course the limits need to be -100 to 100 also.
-Gohst
josuahj

Post by josuahj »

How can i make the hover pitch,hover throttle dials work like they do on the th9 ,i dont know where to start .
I have added a mix on the esc,throttle channel p1

Return to “tgy9xr”