9xr to 9xr buddy boxing

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
pchuckie

9xr to 9xr buddy boxing

Post by pchuckie »

Have two 9xr's that initially worked buddy boxing less throttle. As soon as the master trainer switch was pressed the throttle on the plane would come on at a very low rpm. The other 3 channels worked fine. After doing some reading I discovered when I calibrated the slave to the master I didn't have the slave throttle at mid stick, I had it at throttle off. When I went to recalibrate, the digital readings on the bottom of the master trainer menu are not changing like they did before. Nor does the slave control the airplane anymore with the master trainer switch engaged. I tried making the slave radio the master and the master the slave and it worked right until I powered everything down. Once powered back up no change on the readout of master trainer menu at the bottom.

A couple notes. I'm using a JR radio buddy box chord. I haven't messed around with any firmware changes, both radios are the way they came from HK. Using the specified battery from HK and they are both fully charged.
Last edited by pchuckie on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: 9xr to 9xr buddy boxing

Post by Kilrah »

Remember that with a JR cord the slave radio needs to have its power switch OFF.
pchuckie

Post by pchuckie »

The slave was off
pchuckie

Post by pchuckie »

Ordered the USB adapter to change the firmware and a few other items from HK, I probably won't see the stuff for 3 or 4 weeks. I'd like to do some training with a newby prior to that
Coxydaflyer

Post by Coxydaflyer »

I have the exact same problem, did you get this sorted out?

pchuckie

Post by pchuckie »

I installed er9x on both transmitters and it works fine now.

Return to “tgy9xr”