Orange telemetry module issues

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Profmatt

Orange telemetry module issues

Post by Profmatt »

I'm putting a post out for Mike.
There are issues out in the wild with trying to bind the Orange Internal telemetry TX module. Here is a video https://youtu.be/1_2f-ML6gEk from KenJungles that shows the issue. BTW I'm the one commenting as Mattdog. I noticed that he seems to have an old version of the firmware and he gets no bind. I have a new version of the firmware and I can get it to bind but I don't get my #1channel (throttle) to have the right signal to initialize the ESC. I read somewhere else on openrcforums, I couldn't find it on my phone, that you said something about the module sending or sensing a high priority interrupt that is timed or senses the beginning of the data stream. Is it possible that the module telemety signal is interfereing with channel 1 function. I think this is a long shot but I just really want this module to work. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks for any help you can give. Matt

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Orange telemetry module issues

Post by MikeB »

Are you using the TRN switch held on at power on to do the binding?

There is at least one bug in the firmware on that module, and I have seen many reports with BNF models where the throttle doesn't work while all the other channels do work.

I've re-flashed my modules to use the MUTLI protocol, see here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8753.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Profmatt

Re: Orange telemetry module issues

Post by Profmatt »

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I normally use the bind button on the module. My other module doesn't support TRN switch binding so I never got used to doing that.
I am trying to bind to an orange module (OrangeRX RX3SM Micro 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer W/DSMX Compatible 6CH 2.4Ghz p/n 9171000563-0). I can't get it to control a Blade Glimpse little quad either but I have no doubt that is config of my settings, but first things first. If I can get it to work with the none telemetry OrangeRX rx I have then I would be in great shape. I will check out the link you mentioned.
Thanks,
Matt

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”