Intermittent channel confusion with r219

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
LukeZ

Intermittent channel confusion with r219

Post by LukeZ »

I've just upgraded to r219 (V.1723-Mike, 30.11.2016) from r218 (V.3531-Mike, 08.01.2016). After this I notice a very strange issue that affects the right side of my radio. I am using the SmartieParts 9Xtreme board and an XJT external module (D16).

Everything looks fine in calibration and DiagAna/DiagSwtch. But on the receiver end (reading SBus from FrSky X4R receiver) channels 2, 4, 6, and 8 which should map to Ele, Ail, P2, and P4, instead get overwritten occasionally with channels 10, 12, 14 and 16 which I have mapped to sIDx, PB2, PB4, and sAil.

The behavior is intermittent but most of the time the 10,12,14,16 controls are active (and show up in the stream as channels 2,4,6,8) and the 2,4,6,8 controls do nothing. The less frequent case is when 2,4,6,8 controls work as normal (and show up in the correct location in the SBus stream) but then 10,12,14,16 do nothing and act as if they are simply not there.

This is a rather unusual bug and I first suspected everything other than the transmitter. But the one thing I can do to fix it is revert to r218 and everything works exactly the same (using the exact same model memory, same receiver, same module, everything). As soon as I flash r219 the problem returns. Nothing else about my physical setup has changed.

I don't know if this could be in any way related to this thread: Problem with the right gimbal.

I'm happy to do more testing and provide more information that might help, just let me know.

Luke

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Intermittent channel confusion with r219

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version for the 9Xtreme (here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676), that may fix your problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
LukeZ

Post by LukeZ »

There's no service like free service! You're great Mike.

I've been testing this version for the past ten minutes and everything is working correctly. I'll keep an eye on it, but before it would start glitching almost immediately so I'm nearly certain whatever you did took care of it.

Thanks so much! Now get some sleep. :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For ersky9x, I've updated the release to r220, with this fix in.
It is on http://www.er9x.com/, and should be detected by eepskye.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike, I think that was really needed..
I can't believe that nearly 1 year testing the 219, and no one found this problem :)
Maybe it was recently introduced?? I can't test the X protocol as I don't have any equipment. I have a multi module but I'm waiting for midelic to develop X protocol compatible receivers :)
Building our receivers is part of the fun for some of us ;) :)

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It happened when I added the failsafe setting needed for the S6R. Odd that I didn't find it when I was testing the S6R with the 9Xtreme as the S6R uses channels 9-12. Probably I did most testing on other Txs and only tested the 9Xtreme for configuring the S6R. Too many Txs to test for everything.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
LukeZ

Post by LukeZ »

It's impossible for developers to test every thing, I know very well. Or if they did, no development would get done! I just appreciate the quick fix.

Thanks again for the great work you do. I have spent many happy hours tinkering with my transmitters and your firmware.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”