Output RSSI on a channel

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: Output RSSI on a channel

Post by jhsa »

I don't know what the naze32 sends. But if it sends the values to the radio, I can't see why it wouldn't work..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

diode121

Post by diode121 »

I was able to receive RSSI through this method.
But upon checking Galt and AccY AccX in the telemetry screen nothing is being displayed.
I have connected a GPS module in Naze32 UART2.
GPS is working as is blinking Green (meaning it has GPS locked).
Been working with this all day, still no result. Thinking I have done a stupid mistake again :(
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't know anything about cleanflight. As I understand it, you have a DJT in the Tx and a D8R-XP Rx. The D8R-XP will be sending the RSSI, and two analog values, to the DJT.
To get any other telemetry, you need to have the telemetry data, in FrSky HUB format sent to the serial input of the D8R-XP. This port is RS232 compatible, which means the signal is logically inverted.
Do you have such a telemetry connection configured?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
diode121

Post by diode121 »

Hi Mike, I'm using Baseflight..
Yes, I have a DJT module and D8R-XP.
I receive my RSSI by using the CPPM method, wherein the RSSI data is received through a spare channel.

I connected the D8R-XP G and RX telemetry output -> Naze32 Frsky Telemetry.

I am now able to receive the X and Y coordinates of Naze32. However I still cant receive the GAlt(Gps Altitude).
I am using an external GPS module.

It seems that the data being transmitted from Naze32 are the one's that are built in.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't know baseflight either!
Do you mean Latitude and Longitude when you say X and Y, and these are received on the radio?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

diode121

Post by diode121 »

No, the X and Y axis movement of the board. Accelerometer value.

I can see the longtitude and latitude which means I'm receiving data from the GPS.I'm just wondering why can't i see the latitude of it.
I tried to add in the Customs telemetry "Alt" and "GAlt" but they still doesn't show any value.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You are receiving the GPS values where?? where is the GPS connected? And where do you want to see the GPS values?
We can't see your setup ;) so you will have to tell us what you have and what you want to do.. :)
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
diode121

Post by diode121 »

I am able to view it in my 9XR Pro.
Just like RSSI, i want to see other telemetry values on my Transmitter.
By far, I am able to see RSSI, Acceleromter Value (X and Y),Heading, Longtitute and Latitude.
I am still missing the Altitude.

Note: This could be easily done using an OSD. But unfortunately I can't afford one yet.:(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't think Baseflight sends out GPS alt since it's usually much less reliable than baro alt.
HomeY

Post by HomeY »

Great thread! Using a 9XR Pro + X4RSB + Micro MinimOSD, i now have RSSI/Telemetry on my screen as RSSI in my goggles (from channel). Using an SPRF3 FC, and this also showed about 10% higher RSSI value in Betaflight GUI compared to the Telemetry Output. This is how i got it spot on (maybe 1 or 2% difference max from 15-90%)

Mixer Channel config:
Source: SC1 (Scaler 1)
Weight: 100
Offset: -100 (without the Offset it won't drop below 50% RSSI, related to the input signal expected to be 1000-2000 instead of 1500-2000)
Fix Offset: ON
Use Output: OFF
Trim: OFF

I haven't enabled 'extended limits' and the channel ranges are set to -100 <> 100 (min/max).

Scaler1 Setup:
Source: RSSI
Name: RSSI (or whatever you want to name it)
Offset: 0
Multiplier: 20
Divisor: 1
Unit: Pcent
Sign: +
Decimals: 0
Offset At: First

For the Micro MinimOSD i had to tweak the min/max settings a bit (default 0-1023) to:
RSSI MIN: 500
RSSI MAX: 985

Betaflight tip (TNX Kilrah!): Something to keep in mind is that F1 FCs have 4 AUX channels enabled by default, and F3 FCs have 6 AUX channels enabled by default (on any loop frequency greater than 1kHz). Betaflight Wiki explanation.
So if you're not getting any output, make sure you have enough AUX channels enabled. Configurable with the CLI command 'set max_aux_channels = X' where X defines the number of channels enabled. AUX channels are limited by default, to save CPU power for the FC.

Hope it helps ;)

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”