9Xtreme as Sim Controller problems.

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
TheMadDrizzle

9Xtreme as Sim Controller problems.

Post by TheMadDrizzle »

I'm aware that this is covered somewhere, yet I'm missing this info.

Hardware:
Radio: Turnigy 9x with 9Xtreme
F/W: ersky9x
Acc: FlySky USB to trainer port connector

Now for the question. How in the sam hell do I get this thing to work and or get picked up by my computer. Freerider, Heli-X, nor Liftoff will recognize this radio. I've got a new model created specifically for use with a sim, and I have the protocols set Internal: On, 6ch, 300uS, Polarity: NEG, and Ext: Off, which from what I've read, is the recommended setup for sim use. Am I missing something? Is the 100kohm resistor mod in the module a big deal? Am I missing some software somewhere? Thanks for any information that helps to advance or even rule out what I'm doing wrong!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9Xtreme as Sim Controller problems.

Post by MikeB »

Try forgetting the USB to trainer port connector!
Power on the radio, then plug in the USB cable. The radio should appear as a joystick devce on the PC.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
TheMadDrizzle

Post by TheMadDrizzle »

I just received this trainer cord to usb because I couldn't get the usb > usb connection to work propperly. I bought the board thinking that I should be able to just plug it in and it work ( this is from a forum post here dated from NOV15 - almost a year ago ). I think it's time to just reflash this thing and start from scratch maybe? I'm very new to programmable radios and RC in general, but not with computers, so I'd like to think i"m not missing something,but it appears that I am.

And by the way, thank you so much for the quick response! I'm going to reflash the radio and try agian

-Drew
TheMadDrizzle

Post by TheMadDrizzle »

Again, I think that I"m doing something wrong - Every time that I try and load the official r218 release into eepskye it tells me that the filesize is incorrect? After downloading and redownloading, I dont think that I'm doing anything wrong... Maybe I am?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You only load EEPROM images into eepskye, not the firmware.
Power the 9Xtreme on while holding the two horizontal trimm towards the centre, this starts it in bootloader mode.
Now plug in the USB cable, you should get two 'hard drives' appear on the PC.
Next run eepskye, click on the "Flash Firmware to Tx" button, select the r218 file (ersky9x9XT_rom.bin), and confirm you wish to flash it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

TheMadDrizzle

Post by TheMadDrizzle »

Sorry for double posting - i'm aware of how annoying that is. But I got it done by creating a new folder on the sd card called firmware from watching Joao's videos on youtube and was able to flash it that way. Lots of new menus to explore!

I am however still wondering if I have a radio issue or a software issue with FPV Freerider. Freerider shows all stick positions as pegged out positive or negative with no smooth transition between the two. // EDIT1: Heli-X performs flawlessly which is my main sim anyways, Freerider is more of a play time deal.

Thanks again for such an awesome upgrade to this radio!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Freerider needs the mixes to be set up specifically. From memory, they need to only go from 0 to +100%, so use a weight of 50% and an offset of 50%.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
TheMadDrizzle

Post by TheMadDrizzle »

Got it all working. Thanks for all the replies and dealing with someone who's new to computer radios. Free rider is so much better when I've got my real flight radio working for it!
PAheliguy

Post by PAheliguy »

MikeB wrote:Freerider needs the mixes to be set up specifically. From memory, they need to only go from 0 to +100%, so use a weight of 50% and an offset of 50%.

Mike.
TheMadDrizzle wrote: I've got a new model created specifically for use with a sim, and I have the protocols set Internal: On, 6ch, 300uS, Polarity: NEG, and Ext: Off, which from what I've read, is the recommended setup for sim use.

Sooooo, we just use our regular usp port on my 9xtreme board and use the values above??? this is to get fpv freerider working btw.

thanks,
David.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The protocol doesn't matter if you are using the USB joystick. You do need to set the mixer values as I describe.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
PAheliguy

Post by PAheliguy »

Mike you are THE MAN!

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”