FrskyX Smartport telemetry supported on Ersky9x9xt?

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FrskyX Smartport telemetry supported on Ersky9x9xt?

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a new test version. This forces the telemetry to be re-initialised when you load a model, so should now correctly change between 'D' and 'X' receivers.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

120pilot

Post by 120pilot »

Yes I did and still do have "UsrProto" to FRHUB for the D4R and to FRSKY for the X4R. I'll load up the new version and let you know.
120pilot

Post by 120pilot »

Hi Mike, I finally got "ersky9xProvR219r_music.zip" loaded. I had a lot of trouble locating a good USB cable lol. It now switches between the D and X receivers on the fly with the correct telemetry. No power cycle is required. I haven't tried it with either receiver powered yet. Its 01:35 am and the Mrs. is sleeping. Lost of chirps and beeps at the moment could make things uncomfortable for me. I will try it later after shes left for work. I don't expect any problems but I'll confirm either way.

James
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you power on holding BOTH MENU and EXIT down the radio runs in MUTE mode, all voice and beeps are suppressed. The only thing that turns them back on, until you power off and on again, is the inactivity alarm. This was added specifically for operating in the early morning hours.

Also, you might consider using one of the pots as the volume control, set in each model in the GENERAL menu. This enables you to easily turn the volume right down. It is also useful on the flight line if you need more or less volume while flying.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
120pilot

Post by 120pilot »

Thanks Mike I didn't know I could do either of those things. I'm wondering if the volume pot would also control the inactivity alarm? That one gets me all the time. It also helps keep me from draining the battery so it is doing it's job. I just played with switching between D and X receivers. While leaving the TX powered on. I remove power from the currently linked Rx select the other model on the TX and then power the receiver which goes with the selected model. Switching from D to X seems to work perfectly. When I select the X model without the Rx powered I get the voice warning "No Telemetry". Once I power up the Rx it starts filling in the Data. Going from X to D doesn't seem to work as well. Like I said last night, It shows the correct screen meaning it shows TX= instead of SWR. But the data usually doesn't update on it's own. Specifically Rx= shows a low enough value to give a constant "Receiver signal critical" alarm. This is just after switching to the D model on the radio but without the D Rx powered. Then when I apply power to the D Rx the Rx= doesn't update and the "signal critical" warning stays constant. Also FasV stays stuck at the voltage level it was showing when linked to the previous X receiver. Meaning it doesn't reset on it's own and update the data. I also noticed that when I switch to the D receiver i don't get the "no telemetry" warning before Rx power on like I do when switching to the X Rx. A quick cycle of radio power makes everything good. So long story short, going from D to X everything switches automatically. Going from X to D gives the correct data fields but the data doesn't reset on it's own. To me cycling the Tx power when selecting another model is not a problem but if you want to try to change it I'm more than willing to give it a try and report.

If I'm not too busy at work tonight I will try to get you some logged S-Port data. Thanks,

James

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There is a specific volume setting for the inactivity alarm on the line under the inactivity alarm duration setting in RADIO SETUP - Alarms.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
120pilot

Post by 120pilot »

I posted a telemetry log file on the RCGroups multi thread.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've replied there, but I can see incorrect data being received.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just tested this as far as I am able to. I have an Arduino Pro Mini programmed to simulate MULTI and FrSky hub data for testing.
I set up two models, both with MULTI as the (external) protocol, one as FRSKY, the other as FRSKYX/CH-16.
On the FRSKY one I set the telemetry Usr Proto to FRHUB, on the FRSKYX one I set the telemetry Usr Proto to FRSKY.
Switching between these models, the FRSKY one always shows hub data correctly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nppc

Post by nppc »

Hi Mike! I'm on ar9x board with the latest ersky9x test firmware and X series RX. There is still I have SWR=32 all the time. And often, when I power cycle my TX, I get not right RSSI reading. It shows 37 for RSSI and not changing the value. After power cycle it often fixes and shows correct RSSI, but sometimes I need to powecycle twice. SWR seems allways broken and shows 32.

Also bind function I managed to get to work only once. After that I can''t rebind my X receiver.

Pavel
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It looks the MULTI code sends a fixed value of 32 for the SWR value, the MULTI module doesn't have hardware to measure a real SWR value.
Beyond this, at the moment, I can't do any testing until I get a MULTI module that supports FrSky. I'm not sure when this will be yet.

You might ask here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165676, in the meantime.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
nppc

Post by nppc »

Ok, thank you Mike!

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”