Updating Ersky9x to Bootloader Versions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Mutchy

Updating Ersky9x to Bootloader Versions

Post by Mutchy »

You can now update your SKY board firmware from the SD card, backup and restore models to/from the SD card, and record telemetry logs. Once you have installed r202 or a later version of Ersky9x all you need is any computer with a USB port or an SD card reader. To use the new firmware from the SD card the radio is started using the aileron and rudder trim switches simultaneously with the 'on' switch to access either boot loader mode or maintenance mode. In these modes the firmware, boot loader and coprocessor code is flashed using the radio buttons. We now also have the capability to connect the radio by USB cable and, without using SAM-BA, upload and download firmware and models using Eepskye.

But first you have to install r202 of Ersky9x and for that you need SAM-BA. Now SAM-BA is not easy to install and get working on some versions of Windows and there is no version which runs on Mac or Linux computers.

The document below describes the procedure necessary to do this for both the Ver1B and Ver3 SKY boards. I also cover the installation of SAM-BA ver 2.12 for later versions of Windows. My Windows XP would only work with SAM-BA Version 2.11. YMMV. To download version 2.12 you need to register with Atmel Corporation. Version 2.11, if you need it, is not available from Atmel any more. Google is your friend in this case.

Please advise any errors by PM and I will correct the document.
Thanks to MikeB and Olafnew for some text and inspiration.
Steve
Upgrading ERsky9x to Bootloader Versions.pdf
(45.67 KiB) Downloaded 918 times

saijem

I cant enter in maintenance mode

Post by saijem »

Hello Mutchy thanks for your work but I have a problem, I have one ersky9x rev 3 the last one and you say you can enter to the bootloader mode and maintenance mode. I do as you say with the trims and I can open the bootloader mode but nor the maintenance mode doing thing as you say, using the ailerons and rudder trims both on opposite sides but radio arrange as if I dindnt do such thing. There is another thing is different as you say. You say "Version 3 board: Connect the radio via USB cable and turn the power on not
the other way around". When I do that In the display I can read USB but I can't do anything. Can you help me? Thanks and excuse me for my bad english.
jhsa

Re: Updating Ersky9x to Bootloader Versions

Post by jhsa »

which firmware do you have in the radio? ersky9x or opentx?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
saijem

I cant enter in maintenance mode

Post by saijem »

Hello Jhsa I have opentx
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

that is what I thought.. Opentx doesn't have the maintenance menu..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Wow! You're quick Joao!
Steve
saijem

Post by saijem »

Thanks for your help. Thats right because I flashed yesterday Ersky9x and had the manteinance menu, but after I flashed again the Opentx because I'm spanish and opentx is in spanish because I translated it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'd be happy to add Spanish to ersky9x, I just need someone to translate for me.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
saijem

Post by saijem »

Now I have no time but if you want send me the file or tell me how and I'll try to do it
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Here on googlecode: http://code.google.com/p/ersky9x/source ... runk%2Fsrc, you will find a file "en.h". This is the English version (also are de.h for German, no.h for Norwegian, se.h for Swedish and fr.h for French).

We just need a file "sp.h" for Spanish!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello MikeB I have seen the file and I think is similar to opentx so don't worry when I'll have time I'll do the job. Perhaps in a month perhaps in a few days I don't know but I hope it will be soon.

Regards from Málaga
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Thanks, do you need any extra characters, like french needs á etc.?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

FYI
I'm running ersky9x on my Taranis with Mikes help. I had a brain freeze as well as a trim sw issue that's been corrected. I'm able to load ersky9x using stm32 and from the sd card now. It works and so does Pxx and D16.
I'm keeping my A Taranis with ersky9x so I can keep up on it.
A little confusion using the menu buttons because Mike had to remap them from the opentx layout. I'm dealing with it by putting tape over the Taranis labels to focus on the screen labels. My brains ok with this fix.
Now it's all working great.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Good work Glen. Congratulations. I tried it; loaded Ersky9x on my Taranis but I could not cope with the buttons and the SD card changes were annoying so I gave up. I had some issues with my Mac too, getting the firmware loaded but after the bootloader was installed I even had a brain fade about updating the bootloader. I did not know enough about the new Taranis 2.0.x firmware and it's bootloader too.
Maybe I'll give it another go soon because I still prefer ErSky9x to OpenTX. It's so much simpler and for my purposes equally as powerful. We need some labels to match the font and colours of the Taranis. Any ideas?
You have done very well.
Steve
Mutchy

Post by Mutchy »

Re Labels for Ersky9x on Taranis:

From another thread elsewhere - "Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggdoc View Post
How did you handle the sticker/decals on the from panel, get new ones from Aloft or heat gun remove the originals?
WhersWaldo:
I printed my own stickers, easy with a color laser using clear and white printable vinyl sheets. A quick search in this thread will get you copies of the stickers in SVG, EPS and AI formats."

Now to find someone with a colour laser printer - Mines black only :)
Steve
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

New case labels would be nice looking. I just don't have a way to print them on vinyl. The black out of the case labels using tape does work.
I think Mike still supports the discontinued winged shadows how high altimeters I have (2). They work great on the D receiver and are small. OTX eliminated support for them when WS closed up shop jan 2014.
At $50 each I hate to retire them. Now I can just flash the FW to the sky9x version and use them. I think I can go back and forth between FW's using the Bootloader and the sd card with dual folders on it?
Got go try that next or ask Mike.
It not that's why I have 2 Taranis's and a 9xr pro.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, small keys and a big finger.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”