ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
ozphoenix

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by ozphoenix »

Downloaded. Will check out a bit later today and get back to you with comments - tomorrow (Sunday) doesn't look very good for flying here - storms forecast for later today and most of tomorrow - we'll see -- thanks very much for these improvements.

I'm making use of the bad weather - I bought 4 new planes this week, to replace a few old ones and move up (and out wider) in my flying level - I now have a few 'rainy day' projects at hand :lol:

Again, many thanks - and to João for his input, comments, support, feedback.

regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm I've posted "f2". There are a couple of noticeable changes. On the main screen I've used the slightly smaller large font for the model name. This then provides some space at the top right where I've now put the time of day and the volume as a graphic. These have been on the Taranis, with the wider display, for some time. I may change what is displayed there at some point, but I thought I'd try this out.
There is also a new feature on Atmel processor based transmitters, which has taken most of my time for the last week. USB joystick to a PC should now be available, just start the radio normally, then plug the USB in and a joystick device (game controller) should appear on the PC.
As with the implementation on STM based transmitters, channels 1 to 8 are sent as analog values. Channels 9 to 16 are 8 switches, if a channel output is greater than 0 (centre), then the switch is ON.

The changes to global voice alerts I mentioned 4 post back are also included.

I may now find a bit more time for other things, including building a new aircraft!

Mike.

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Couldn't help myself but to look - first quick response ---- looks good! I like the access method (in Radio and Model) to the GVAs :)
Also, found the new 'pot' calibration screen - nice :) (my volume pot was slightly out of calibration)
Question: What is 'Bg script' - I know we now have scripting, but what is 'Bg'? Maybe 'Background'?

More time maybe later today - thanks , for now
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes background. It is a script that doesn't need to display anything, and it runs as long as the model is loaded.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, thanks - will get back later when I've had more time - have snuck these in between making breakfast for the ravishing hordes and getting dancers out the door :D
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,
The volume bar graph is great - and, I can see that it displays the Radio volume and is controlled by (in my case) P1, but where is 'P1' set as the Radio's 'general' volume control? I do not see P1 identified anywhere in the Radio menus - is this the (unchangeable?) default?.

Happy to have it, but want to understand more about it.

And, not wanting to look a gift-horse in the mouth - but, it would be nice to be able to somewhere 'set' which 'Px' was displayed on the graph :idea: And, to 'set' which 'Px' is used for the radio's general volume (if not already 'set-able') :idea:

Again, just niceties and not mission-critical, I know :oops:

Regards,
ozphoenix (peter-m)

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Model menu, General, near the end you set the "Volume control". You have to set this for each model. This is because some models might want to use all the pots for controls so one isn't available for the volume. You may also use a GVAR for the volume. I think you can disable the use of the throttle trim for the throttle channel (particularly if flying electric), and then use the throttle trim as a GVAR source, then use the GVAR for the volume control!

The next test version will include an option to set the welcome voice message to "System", "None", or "Custom".
System works as now with the message also controlled by the splash screen setting.
None is just that, no message.
Custom lets you choose a message from the voice/user directory.
All are played at the time the system message is currently played.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:38 pm Model menu, General, near the end you set the "Volume control". You have to set this for each model. This is because some models might want to use all the pots for controls so one isn't available for the volume. You may also use a GVAR for the volume. I think you can disable the use of the throttle trim for the throttle channel (particularly if flying electric), and then use the throttle trim as a GVAR source, then use the GVAR for the volume control!
All good and very helpful -- I'll make use of that in the future, I think - but, can I ask for clarification of my question about the present situation:
the volume bar graph changes when I change P1 (the left-most pot on my 9XRPro) and the radio's welcome message volume changes accordingly. But, that particular model has the model message volume (as in...Model menu, General, near the end you set the "Volume control". ) set to P3. So, where is P1 currently being assigned to be displayed on the (new) bar graph and to control the radio's welcome message volume?

Or, am I being blank and not understanding what I am being told....again? :oops:
MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:38 pm The next test version will include an option to set the welcome voice message to "System", "None", or "Custom".
System works as now with the message also controlled by the splash screen setting.
Nice - thanks - all sounds good.

regards,
peter-m.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

P1 and P2 are the pots at the top of the radio, P3 is the "odd" one at the left beside the ELE switch, so I think you are adjusting the P3 pot for the volume.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Good Morning (for you) Mike,
Normally, I would agree with you and I thought that in this case also - but, the Transmitter Layout page of the 9XR Manual (see the attached page) shows P1 to the left-most, then P3, then P2. Is this an error in the manual? Or, is it different for 9XRPro??
Attachments
Panel Layout Page from Turnigy 9XR manual v1.1.pdf
(111.93 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Last edited by ozphoenix on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:
The next test version will include an option to set the welcome voice message to "System", "None", or "Custom".

Mike.
Excellent, Thank You. :)
It would be interesting to have a "Random" trigger, but that would involve a dedicated folder for the welcome messages.. It would be funny to have the radio reacting differently every time we turn it ON :)
Of course, this is not useful for flying a model, but it could help the soul by making us giggle sometimes.. :)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

I just looked at one of my S6R mixes on Ch9 gain - yes, P3 is left-most :oops: There appears to be a difference between 9XR and 9XRPro in pot naming, or a long-standing error in the manual :( Can you clarify, for me, which it is, please?
ozphoenix wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 am Good Morning (for you) Mike,
Normally, I would agree with you and I thought that in this case also - but, the Transmitter Layout page of the 9XR Manual (see the attached page) shows P1 to the left-most, then P3, then P2. Is this an error in the manual? Or, is it different for 9XRPro??
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Looks like an error in the manual. The 9X (no R) has the pots P3, P1, P2 from left to right, as does the 9XR-PRO.
I never used a 9XR, so I don't know if they wired it differently.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Which manual is that?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

The original 'Turnigy 9XR manual v1.1' -- it is the only one I have found which identifies (albeit, sometimes erroneously, it seems) the items on the front panel of the 9XR (and, by derivation, the 9XRPro). The '9XR Pro Introduction to the Hardware 2014-04-24' shows the front panel, but does not 'call out' the items.

Anyway, all cleared up for me now - and, I doubt that the Turnigy people are interested in correcting that old manual.

Sorry for introducing a red herring to the conversation - we can close this one and not bother with it :(

regards,
peter-m
jhsa wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:15 am Which manual is that?

João

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Just loaded 'r221 f1' onto my QX7 - all works and appears (good) as on the 9XRPro.
MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:38 pm Model menu, General, near the end you set the "Volume control". You have to set this for each model. This is because some models might want to use all the pots for controls so one isn't available for the volume. You may also use a GVAR for the volume. I think you can disable the use of the throttle trim for the throttle channel (particularly if flying electric), and then use the throttle trim as a GVAR source, then use the GVAR for the volume control!

Mike.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The guys at HK sold the old 9XR radio with a modified version of Er9x. That broke compatibility with the real er9x and eepe, leaving the users without the possibility of saving their models to the computer.. Very bad move.
When people decided to install newer versions of er9x, they had to re-program all their models from scratch :(

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted an updated eepskye of the ersky9x test version post. This supports the global voice alerts and the welcome voice message configuration. Due to the size in EEPROM of the 8 global voice alerts, older versions of eepskye may well not have retained these if you read the EEPROM and wrote it back.

My current plan is to stop adding features until I formally release r221 of ersky9x together with eepskye. I will add bug fixes if any come up of course.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
KAL

Post by KAL »

Hi Mike,

I updated both my 9XR Pro and 9Xtreme to f2.
On the Pro I found a very nice option to calibrate pots with detent,
but I can't find this option on 9Xtreme. Is this intended?

Klaus
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not exactly, I sort of missed it! I had an option elsewhere for the Taranis/QX7/Horus for setting detents, and added this option for Atmel processor based radios. It should be easy to include this for the 9Xtreme.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
KAL

Post by KAL »

Thank you in advance.

Klaus
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: My current plan is to stop adding features until I formally release r221 of ersky9x together with eepskye. I will add bug fixes if any come up of course.

Mike.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I think it is a good idea, well I can't think of any new features anyway.. Joking ;) :mrgreen:

Now seriously, the only couple things I think are needed for Ersky9x to be 100% perfect is the full implementation of the new logic switches menu, with some new features :) like for example, a delay to turn the switch OFF.. We already have the delay at turn ON. I believe there is enough space for that now. :)

The other thing that is needed in my opinion, is the review and organization / tidying up of some of the menus. This could make the firmware even more user friendly. One other thing that could be improved is having the ability to write the "Model NOTES" on the radio without the need of a PC for doing it.

Thank you.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There are always things that could be added, then they need testing and eepskye updated to match. I need to just put a marker down and do a formal release of where we are at.
After that, I'll consider looking at other things. At present, there isn't a formal release that supports the QX7 (or the Horus).

KAL: I've got the change in for the 9Xtreme to set pot detents. I'll try to post a "f3" either later today or tomorrow.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Of course Mike..
What I meant to say, is that for a formal release would be better to have for example the logical switch menu fully implemented. This release will probably be formal for many months.. New features and options can wait, of course, as they need testing anyway..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
KAL

Post by KAL »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 am KAL: I've got the change in for the 9Xtreme to set pot detents. I'll try to post a "f3" either later today or tomorrow ...
No need to post an extra testversion only for me :)

Klaus
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

To Mike.
Thank you very much for your excellent work.
New version eepsky simulation not work.
When moving with sticks, the channels don't move.
And logical switches settings are not correctly displayed.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've re-posted eepskye, now the SIM works. QTCreator does this sometimes, it doesn't compile files that should be compiled due to other file changes, I have to do a "rebuild" of everything.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
AlessB

Post by AlessB »

Thanks Mike, nice work!
KAL

Post by KAL »

Hi Mike,

in f2 for Pro and 9XT I noticed a little beauty mistake:

In "Model Setup" - "General"
while setting "Volume Control"
the highlighted parts of "Beep Cnt" are also blinking.

Klaus
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Funny, I have f2 installed on my 9xtreme and that doesn't happen on my radio. :o

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”