ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
ozphoenix

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by ozphoenix »

Ahh! You're right - I forgot about that one -- top of screen, above the settings in Limits.

Thanks for the response - very helpful.
Daedalus66 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm My ErSky9x transmitters show channel outputs in uSec on the limits page and in % on the main display (numerical values). I think you’ve already got what you’re asking for.

Edit: I checked and this feature was included from late 2013, so should be there in all subsequent versions.

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

A little cumbersome to switch back and forward between the limits screen and the mix screen to get it set up just right, but this worked for me and once the settings are learned for one channel, it's a quick process to replicate across each other required channel.

Thanks for the help - all done now.

Regards,
ozphoenix
ozphoenix wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:13 am Ahh! You're right - I forgot about that one -- top of screen, above the settings in Limits.

Thanks for the response - very helpful.
Daedalus66 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm My ErSky9x transmitters show channel outputs in uSec on the limits page and in % on the main display (numerical values). I think you’ve already got what you’re asking for.

Edit: I checked and this feature was included from late 2013, so should be there in all subsequent versions.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've added the uS value display at the top of the mixer screen, beside the bar showing the channel output.

Noticing an option that has been added to openTx, on power off, a warning may be displayed if RSSI is still being received, indicating the Rx is still powered on.
Is this worth adding to ersky9x?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If it is for safety, why not? Always welcome..

Thanks

Joâo
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Thanks for adding this to the display, Mike - much appreciated.

As for the warning, as Joâo said, for safety, it's worth it.

Regards
peter m.
MikeB wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:43 pm I've added the uS value display at the top of the mixer screen, beside the bar showing the channel output.

Noticing an option that has been added to openTx, on power off, a warning may be displayed if RSSI is still being received, indicating the Rx is still powered on.
Is this worth adding to ersky9x?

Mike

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Just testing this idea on a SKY board, and there is a problem! As standard the 9X power switch turns the module off, so you immediately lose the connection with the receiver. The concept should work on radios where the module power is under the processor control.
For SKY and AR9X boards, and the 9XR-PRO, I can probably pop up a warning about the Rx was still on, but cannot monitor for the Rx going off.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, and what about radios with the RF module soft power board? They depend on the PPM / serial signal (or the lack of it) to switch the module power.. So, as long as the signal is there, the module is kept ON. I think I would need to do a little change in the radios though as I might have used the RF power to power the modules. If I change it to the normal power, the module should be kept ON until the processor turns it OFF.
Just a thought, worth trying?

Thanks.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have this generally working. There is a menu option in the RADIO setup to disable the warning.
Tested on a Taranis plus and 9Xtreme and it works fine, the warning appears if the RSSI is not zero, and stays there until it goes to zero, or you press a button.
For SKY, AR9X and 9XR-PRO, it will put the warning up for around 3 seconds if the RSSI is not zero at power off, tested on a SKY board.
All tests done with a XJT module, but all should work with a Multiprotocol module as well, on any protocol that supplies telemetry.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, thank you very much for the new Ersky9x test version. Will flash it today..
An idea.
The "Model On alarm" displays a popup if the model radio is still receiving telemetry at power off as far as I understand.
One thing it could be probably done for protocols without telemetry is to add some text to the "Shutting Down" screen. Somethting like:
"Did you power the model OFF?"
"Make sure Model is OFF before powering radio OFF."
This one might actually be too long, but you get the idea :)
This could also be added to the shuttiing down voice. I will do on mine.
Forgetting the model ON already happened once or twice to me.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The pulse value in microseconds looks good in the mixer menu. Thank you

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, please have a look at the picture I have posted above.
In the firmware "Offset" is displayed as "Off" This ( at least to me) might generate some confusion and prevent us to quickly get into the context of the programming we are doing.. You know, ON / OFF is quite similar :)

What about changing the offset to something like "Oft"? If you could squeeze in one more character, perhaps "Ofst"?

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 am I have this generally working. There is a menu option in the RADIO setup to disable the warning.
Sorry Mike, i can't find it anywhere.. Where did you hide it? :mrgreen: ;)
Tested on a Taranis plus and 9Xtreme and it works fine, the warning appears if the RSSI is not zero, and stays there until it goes to zero, or you press a button.
Tested on 9XT with a D receiver.. No joy, radio displayed "shuttdown" and turned off as usual..
I turned the radio OFF while the receiver was still on and sending RSSI..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, I am at the field and just tried with another D receiver and Multi. My radio is the 9XT. Turned the radio OFF with the model still ON. No alarm whatsoever..
Will try with the X protocol when I get home. Question, is this alarm enabled by default?
I can't really find the setting, are you sure you have included it on the r222a1?

Thanks

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, I haven't posted a version with this in, which is why r221a1 doesn't mention it in the description.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ahhhhhhh :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ok then :)

As you have mentioned it before you posted the test version, I assumed that it was in :)
It wouldn't be the first time you posted a new feature and didn't mention it in the description ;)
My fault, sorry. I am ready to test it though :) :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ShowMaster

ERSKY9X Coding

Post by ShowMaster »

MikeB, I was asked at my flying field today what I thought about the new Spektrum Android os tx. The person was wanting to know what I thought about it being able to display lost frames and link losses to name a few conditions. Flying Frsky ACCST for these many years, I don’t remember needing this info?
I said I would ask you since you write ersky9x if it’s necessary for our Frsky link and if it’s needed? Also if it could be added if one uses a multimode tx module to a 9xr pro or Frsky tx using ersky9x.
Of course the next question would be the same for otx, but your usually a faster source of information for adding that option if warranted.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't think there is any way of getting such data from FrSky Tx modules.
Spektrum telemetry sends lost frame and link counts, as reported by the receiver. These are displayed in ersky9x already.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Just learned something. So if I’m using a multimode flashed orange module or the 4in 1 in my 9xr pro I can already monitor dsmx (2?) lost frames and link counts? Wow, that’s something I just learned. I’ll have to try it. To be clear, any dsmx receiver that has telemetry should send out that info? I have my umx Pitts I see rssi from.
Also several orange receivers that report telemetry I believe with the HK add on dongle.
What screen do I look at or menu option?
I’m running r221 stable from the er9x.com site.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you set the "Usr Proto" in the Telemetry menu to "DSMx" then you should see an extra telemetry screen that has "A--B--L--R--F--H--" on the bottom line. These are the values for lost links/frames.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I’ll give it a try.
As I said I learned something new. Something to show the would be android ox tx owners also.
Many years ago before I went all Frsky, I had a dongle I could use after my flights that plugged into my receiver. It would display this info and I used it mainly to verify antenna/satellite receiver placement. The lower the numbers or frame and link losses the better. It was a pain because of the way it had to be used (after landing) but it did help.
This is a much better option and now that I’m flying more bnf Spektrum compatible planes with my Pro ( they are fun), antenna placement is still important.
Well done mike!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,
Could you please also implement the uSec readout of the channels when on the Safety Switches page? There is room for it in the top right corner, I believe. This would make it much easier to understand and implement control over a Spektrum receiver, for example, when specific PWM pulses are required for motor-kill, etc., such as in the E-Flite XVERT VTOL.

Many thanks, in anticipation.
ozphoenix
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

On a topic that is related (for me) - in trying to implement a setup recommended by another (Open-TX) user of the XVERT, an offered scenario for implementing motor-kill requires an over-ride of (exactly, not more than nor less than) 980uSec or it will not work properly (it is claimed and seems correct, by my own experiences). Because I can only use 1% increments in the Safety Switch set-up, I go from 977uSec to 987uSec -- I cannot get 980uSec exactly.

Whether or not it is necessary to be so exact is not my question. The question is: is there a way to adjust such outputs in uSec increments, instead of % steps (which account for multiple uSec steps)?? Or, alternatively, is there a way to 'fine tune' the output of a given channel setting, based on uSec, in some other way?

Thanks, as always, for your answers and suggestions.

Regards,
peter m.

ozphoenix wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am Mike,
Could you please also implement the uSec readout of the channels when on the Safety Switches page? There is room for it in the top right corner, I believe. This would make it much easier to understand and implement control over a Spektrum receiver, for example, when specific PWM pulses are required for motor-kill, etc., such as in the E-Flite XVERT VTOL.

Many thanks, in anticipation.
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, uSec display, and 0.1% increments are now in the source code, and tested on a SKY board.
I need to build everything and post it, probably a bit later today.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Outstanding - many thanks for the consideration and rapid implementation!

Will test it very first thing in the morning, our time, if you get time to post it - it's past the witching hour here now.

Regards,
Peter M.
MikeB wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm OK, uSec display, and 0.1% increments are now in the source code, and tested on a SKY board.
I need to build everything and post it, probably a bit later today.

Mike
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, new test version posted. I've included eepskye with the resolution change in as well.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Great - thanks, Mike - will be able to use it in a couple of hours and report back.

Again, thanks for the brilliant support.

Regards,
Peter M.
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,
Couldn't wait a couple of hours - went and tested it already! It's exactly as I need and how I hoped.

Many thanks, as always - great job!

Regards,
ozphoenix
ozphoenix wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 pm Great - thanks, Mike - will be able to use it in a couple of hours and report back.

Again, thanks for the brilliant support.

Regards,
Peter M.
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,

Have now further tested the 'uSec' and '0.1%' change to set-up the XVERT VTOL -- it works EXACTLY as required - the motor-kill, which requires a very exact uSec setting, now works as required and the same as using the plane with it's original Spektrum Tx, except that I am using 9XRPro, ErSky9x and an Orange external DSM module. I have been struggling to get this one (specific) feature working properly for several weeks - now, in one programming change, it is solved. 8-)

Thanks, again.
ozphoenix

P.S. You do understand, of course, that I'm tempted to ask for this '0.1%' increment 'feature' on the channel mix screens and anywhere else that you might think relevant??? :D :oops: But, I will not ask for it yet unless others chime in and suggest that it's useful to them, as well - for me, it solved a specific problem on a specific menu page for a specific plane -- for others, it might not be so interesting. ;)
ozphoenix wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am .......in trying to implement a setup recommended by another (Open-TX) user of the XVERT, an offered scenario for implementing motor-kill requires an over-ride of (exactly, not more than nor less than) 980uSec or it will not work properly (it is claimed and seems correct, by my own experiences). Because I can only use 1% increments in the Safety Switch set-up, I go from 977uSec to 987uSec -- I cannot get 980uSec exactly.

Whether or not it is necessary to be so exact is not my question....

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”