ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by MikeB »

I have the fix for the bootloader offset. I had changed the boot screen for the standard (and plus) Taranis to change the function of the buttons to match the normal firmware. This needed an offset added so I could put button labels on the display. I forgot to not use this offset on the QX7.

My SWR stays at 0. The "Logging" menu shows a value of 0 is being received. I'm just checking the raw telemetry data.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, Mike - thanks.

I'll be giving the QX7 a trial run tomorrow (our time) on one trusty model (AXN Floater) -- we have predictions of calm, clear but chilly weather -- and can report back on real-time Swr readings and any other similar such things after that. For my other models, I'll continue using the 9XRPro for now.

As I mentioned, the bootloader screen is cosmetic for now so, if you have time to do new version into the Test Page, I'll grab it and install it, but it's certainly not urgent.

Thanks, again, for your investigation and corrections.

Regards,
ozphoenix
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

BTW - my AXN has Vario and Lipo voltage (S.Port, not old-style) and a lot of audio messages on demand, so it will be interesting to see a bit of other Telemetry and other things coming back in through the QX7.

Will get back to you tomorrow with some updates.

Regards,
ozphoenix

Edit: sorry, corrected - S.Port, not old-style
ozphoenix wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:54 am Ok, Mike - thanks.

I'll be giving the QX7 a trial run tomorrow (our time) on one trusty model (AXN Floater) -- we have predictions of calm, clear but chilly weather -- and can report back on real-time Swr readings and any other similar such things after that. For my other models, I'll continue using the 9XRPro for now.

As I mentioned, the bootloader screen is cosmetic for now so, if you have time to do new version into the Test Page, I'll grab it and install it, but it's certainly not urgent.

Thanks, again, for your investigation and corrections.

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have a test version ready to post, but I'm waiting for Jhsa to test something on the 9Xtreme board before I post it.
As you can imagine, with about 9 different hardware platforms (SKY, AR9X-SAM3, AR9X-SAM4, 9Xtreme, Taranis, Taranis Plus, Taranis X9E, QX7 and Horus), I can't really test every change on every platform, which is, of course, while I post test versions before I do a release.
So thanks for your testing.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:41 pm I have a test version ready to post, but I'm waiting for Jhsa to test something on the 9Xtreme board before I post it.

Mike.
I'm sorry Mike, I had to work tonight. But I just came in and did the test.. results PM'ed

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I guessed you were working!
"d9" posted.
The bootloader for the QX7 is updated to fix the display problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,

I believe I understand your position (and empathise with you) because of various work roles in my past lives ;) Yours is not an easy role and often unappreciated, an unenviable situation ;) I'm just glad to be able to make some small contributions alongside your great efforts :)

As promised, I performed various tests today and. luckily, had a magical day of weather in which to fly - unlike some unfortunates (and even some here in the Land of Oz), I'm lucky to live in an area where flying is possible on most every day, including in Winter - today was 2-3 km/h breeze (only sometimes), 23degC, scattered clouds, no rain and even two huge wedge-tailed eagles to chase our slow-flyers (and eagle look-alikes) to give us some entertainment :o Anyway, enough frivolity - I managed 14 flights this morning, though only a few were related to testing, so here are some results, of which none are bad or ugly -- the absence of almost anything to report is testament to the useability of the software now -- I used both 9XRPro and QX7 radios to gather some direct results and some comparative results. The related ones were as follows:

1. I flew three flights of a 4-motor mini-B17 bomber (745mm wingspan with inbuilt HK receiver and stabiliser) with the QX7 and bound to an external Orange DSM2 module - pre-flight, no re-binding was required as it was the same module that I used to pop into the 9XRPro when I needed it. Only 'inside the park' flying with this one (our perimeter for 'close-in' flying is about the size of two cricket fields joined together). Conversion from 9XRPro was straight-forward - mostly manually correcting switch IDs and volume pot. Everything worked as expected and no anomalous behaviour of the software/radio combination.

2. I flew two (or maybe it was three) flights of an AXN Floater (similar to Bixler 1.1) with vario and mini-lipo sensors on a FrSky D8R-II receiver, reporting telemetry every 30 seconds. Pre-flight, I had corrected the switch allocations, re-bound it to the QX7 internal XJT (was previously on the 9XRPro with an external XJT), did range check and fail-safe -- all 'no issues'. Both 'close-in' flying within the field and 'out far, up high' stuff with some aggressive loops, rolls, dives, climbs and some gliding - out about half a mile (3/4 km+) and up about 600ft (150-200m). Conversion from 9XRPro was straight-forward - mostly manually correcting switch IDs and volume pot. Everything worked as expected and no anomalous behaviour of the software/radio combination.

Happily, there is nothing in the way of new problems to report, at present. Some observations, though:

1. Voice and all other functions (except Swr) worked as expected. I ran a comparison test with the 9XRpro for Swr - on the XJT modules (external on 9XRPro and internal on QX7), I get '17' on the 9XRPro (though I have had 8 and 9 in the past) but I still continue to get '0' on the QX7 - I do not understand the Swr varying so much between radios, but have read some threads where it is said that this doesn't matter, it's not so important as long as it is not up around '50' and having it at '0' is ideal, around '10' is common and around '17' is also fairly normal.

2. For whatever reasons, Swr does not appear to be an available figure in the Telemetry fields when using the DSM2 module, whether in the QX7 or the 9XRPro (I swapped it around between the radios to check this observation). Not sure why - maybe you can look and explain.

3. For fun, though I'd never fly with it (I have enough distractions as it is) I created some 16kHz mono .wav files of music and tested them in the QX7 - all worked as expected (though the speakers, while able to blast it out, are obviously not hi-fidelity!).

Summary:

Basically, the day was non-eventful and thoroughly enjoyable -- the QX7 is a lot lighter than the 9XRPro and does feel a little 'plastic' in your hands - I have the spring tension on the gimbals a bit heavy, so I'll back those off this week sometime. The antenna is a bit of a pain having only 180deg front/left/right rotation, the balance of the radio on the strap hanger is not quite horizontal (though, that might be my stomach getting in the way!), the haptic is weak (as we know), I'm having a little learning-curve getting accustomed to the RE instead of just switch-buttons, etc. But, none of these things are related to the ErSky9X software, I know :) Within the software, I didn't notice any anomalous screen fields as I was moving around, or any other noticeable 'programmer features' :)

That presently leaves me with only the bootloader rotation, at present - a happy situation to have - and I notice now that you have posted a fix for that while I have been writing this epistle.

Just some further observations on the ErSky9X software, however:

1. I noticed one audio track 'freeze' during flight (previously reported by me) on my 9XRPro today, but I was too focussed on other things to pursue new clues about it - I will take up its pursuit again in the near future.

2. See the attached photo of my 9XRPro Mixer screen - top left corner, title -- the word MIXER is corrupted. This occurs on every model, regardless of model and has been present since (at least) 9XRPro with 221 REVB-X (13.05.2017). If does not appear on the QX7. I'll update to the latest test version on the 9XRPro and see if it goes away.

Other than that - happy days :)

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:41 pm I have a test version ready to post, but I'm waiting for Jhsa to test something on the 9Xtreme board before I post it.
As you can imagine, with about 9 different hardware platforms (SKY, AR9X-SAM3, AR9X-SAM4, 9Xtreme, Taranis, Taranis Plus, Taranis X9E, QX7 and Horus), I can't really test every change on every platform, which is, of course, while I post test versions before I do a release.
So thanks for your testing.

Mike.
Attachments
20170716_191227.jpg
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,

I can confirm that:

1. the 'rotated' screen on the QX7 bootloader is fixed when d9 is loaded and,
2. the 'corrupted' display on the Mixer screen has disappeared once d9 is loaded to the 9XRPro and, also, the Bootloader screen on the 9XRPro is unaffected by the fix for the QX7.

I'm a happy chappy :)

Many thanks and best regards,
ozphoenix

MikeB wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:15 am I guessed you were working!
"d9" posted.
The bootloader for the QX7 is updated to fix the display problem.

Mike.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Only the FrSky XJT module supplies a SWR value, so you won't see one from the DSM module. I think FrSky have a newer PCB layout for the XJT that gives a better SWR value. I also see 0 (and have confirmed this is the value being sent by the module).
On the STAT2 screen is a value "Voice underruns". If you get a voice message freeze, check this value. If it is non-zero, it indicates the voice process didn't get to supply data to the output soon enough.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, you've confirmed pretty-much what I thought about Swr - anyway, it's pretty-much of nil consequence, I figure - doesn't seem to cause issue or be a much-focussed measure by many people. I now consider it a 'closed' issue for me.

Yes, I have underruns - advised you of that in past posts - but have not been successful at garnering any more improvements by re-formatting SD, re-laying files onto SD, shortening message lengths, eliminating 'silent' prefix periods, etc - still hunting for more clues and possible fixes.

I'll keep hunting, if you and anyone else will keep suggesting :)

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:41 am Only the FrSky XJT module supplies a SWR value, so you won't see one from the DSM module. I think FrSky have a newer PCB layout for the XJT that gives a better SWR value. I also see 0 (and have confirmed this is the value being sent by the module).
On the STAT2 screen is a value "Voice underruns". If you get a voice message freeze, check this value. If it is non-zero, it indicates the voice process didn't get to supply data to the output soon enough.

Mike.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please go to the SD Card debug menu and let us know what is the number at the top right corner.. It should say 32.
What is the size of your card?

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

We've been down this path of discussion before, but thanks for trying - yes, it is 32. It is a 4GB SD.

I'm planning to switch the 32GB SD I have in the QX7 for the 4GB SD I have in the 9XRPro and see if that helps, but I can only know when the 'freeze' DOESN'T happen for some (undefined) period of time :(

Regards,
ozphoenix
jhsa wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 am Please go to the SD Card debug menu and let us know what is the number at the top right corner.. It should say 32.
What is the size of your card?

João

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Sorry, I don't remember everything I read.. :) too many posts from different people with similar issues.. :)

The music and voice works good for me no problems at all. When the music player was implemented I had lots of voice underruns and the main problem turned out to be the SD Card not correctly formatted with a 32k cluster size.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, tested the COMs again.. All seems fine.. Thank you

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Yak52Driver

Post by Yak52Driver »

Mike - I need help, I have Ersky9X on my T9x with Smartie Board and T9X with Exteme Board and love the intuitive interface. So when I bought a Taranis Q X7 I thought I would load the x9d_rom and have that same wonderful interface. Well that's where it all went Pear shaped, I used eepskye and put the Taranis into bootloader mode, all I kept getting was "TX disc not mounted" despite being able to see both the Taranis and the SD card on my desktop. Finally I got to try and write the new firmware, but got a message "not enough room", so (and this is stupid I know) I deleted the existing firmware on the Taranis. However, every time I try and write the new firmware I get the eepskye message TX disc not loaded, despite being able to access bothe the TX and SD card when I plug in the USB lead.

I have tried to load from the SD card several times but get the message "Directory is Missing', which brings me to my question - what am I missing?

Is there an issue that I have used eepskye previously with my Extreme TX and it is configured incorrectly, is it an issue that I deleted the previous firmware, or is there a setting somewhere I am not aware of.

I have also at various times had messages about "avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc", but think that was when the system loaded eepe instead of eepsky, I can't remember my brain is so mushy now after hours of trying :-(

I would really appreciate your help as I am at the stage where the new TX my go to the spares bin!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, please go through the following sequence:
1. Go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894, and download:
a) eepskye.zip dated 14-Jul-2017 14:46
b) ersky9xProvR221d9.zip dated 16-Jul-2017 10:14

2. Go to your eepe/eepskye install directory and rename eepskye.exe to oldeepskye.exe (so you can revert if necessary). Then extract eepskye.exe from the downloaded .zip and put it in the eepe/eepskye directory.

3. Extract "x7_rom.bin" from the ersky9x .zip file.

4. Start the QX7 in bootloader mode and thn run eepskye. Flash the x7_rom.bin file. The flash operation should now work. Check ersky9x runs by disconnecting the radio and restarting it.

5. Restart in bootloader mode and connect to your computer. On the SD card, create a directory called "FIRMWARE" (not firmwares). In that directory, put the x7_rom.bin file.

6. Disconnect the radio and restart holding the two horizontal trims APART (start in maintenance mode). In maintenance mode, select "Update Bootloader", select the x7_rom.bin file and confirm the flash operation.

If the flash operation in 4 didn;t work, then put the x7_rom.bin file on the SD card in the "firmwares" (with the 's') diretory, and try flashing from the bootloader.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Yak52Driver

Post by Yak52Driver »

Thanks Mike - I would never have got there on my own, but with those excellent instructions I now have a Q X7 with Ersky9 and a UI I am use to and enjoy using.
ozphoenix

QX7 and Trainer port

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,

Firstly, a question and some general comment and observations, before I go to the process of doing lots of tests and writing an even longer post with further observations as I test it further :(

Question: Have you had much feedback about (or use of) the trainer port (JR-socket) on the QX7 as a Slave unit?

Background: On the weekend and again today, I've tried to use the Trainer port on my QX7 with ErSky9x installed and have had some issues with the ErSky-QX7 acting as a Slave (but as Master seems ok, though further thorough testing might be required).

I had access to the following radios with the following histories:

1. I have my QX7 and my 9XRPro both with latest applicable ErSky9x, as well as a Spektrum DXe.
2. In addition to these three radios, on the weekend I had (but will not again have until next weekend) access to a friend's QX7 with the original OpenTx 2.2 installed.
3. The 9XRPro has been successfully used over the past 12 months with PhoenixRC simulator (albeit with quirks as the POS/NEG Trainer port changes were put into ErSky9x) - and, when the radio is connected to the simulator USB adapter, it is immediately 'powered-up' and is recognised by PhoenixRc, operates in use correctly then 'shuts down' properly when disconnected.
4. The Spektrum DXe, when connected to the simulator USB adapter, immediately 'powers-up' and is recognised by PhoenixRc, operates correctly when in use then 'shuts down' properly when disconnected.
5. The 9XRPro has been successfully used as the Master (Trainer) radio connected through the JR-Trainer port to the Spektrum DXe as the Slave (Student) without problem (9XRPro powered on, DXe powers-on when plugged into trainer cable and shuts down when disconnected).

So, I know that the 9XRPro and ErSky9x (and the DXe) behave as normal and as expected as Master and Slave (as appropriate).

But, Observations and Issues:
6. Just an aside, I cannot see how to change nor what the Trainer Mode NORM settings does on the Statistics Menu Trainer Diag Page -- can you explain, please?
7. When my QX7 is connected to the simulator USB adapter, it does not 'power-up' and is not recognised by PhoenixRc, regardless of the polarity set for the Trainer on the Protocol page (POS or NEG) of a specific simulator-compatible model set-up previously working correctly in the 9XRPro.
8. When my QX7 is connected (not powered on) to the 9XRPro as the Slave through a trainer cable on the JR-Port(s), the QX7 does not power-on.
9. But, when the OpenTx-based QX7 is connected (not powered on) to the 9XRPro as the Slave through a trainer cable on the JR-Port(s), the OpenTx-QX7 correctly powers-on.
10. And, when the OpenTx-based QX7 is connected (not powered on) to the ErSky9x-QX7 as the Slave through a trainer cable on the JR-Port(s), the OpenTx-QX7 correctly powers-on and the ErSky9X-QX7 seems to work properly as a Master.
11. After setting up the ErSky-QX7 as the master and the OpenTx-QX7 as the slave on one of my models, I was able to take a student flying - no problems, no hiccups. Several flights were successful.
12. When the ErsKy9x-QX7 was connected as the Slave and the OpenTx-QX7 was set as the Master, the ErSky9x-QX7 would not power on nor would it cause any servo or bar graph changes on the OpenTx-QX7 when the OpenTx-QX7 was Master.
12. Today, without a plane available, after setting up the ErSky-QX7 as the master and the ErSky9x-Q9XRPro as the Slave on one of my model set-ups and manually powering-on the QX7, the servo-bar graphs on the QX7 respond correctly to changes on the 9XRPro sticks when the QX7 Trainer Switch is held in the 'trainer' mode (Student in control). So, the QX7 seems to like being a Master.
13. But, no matter what combinations of POS/NEG, powered-on/not powered-on, etc the ErSky9x-QX7 does not seem to want to behave as a Slave, only as a Master (sounds a bit like my darling wife!).

Any ideas - or suggestions of what I might try to give you further clues?

Regards,
ozphoenix
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Try going to the trainer profile you are using and setting the trainer source to "Slave".

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Tried that - whether or not I have another radio already connected, as soon as I select Slave, the screen flashes to lighted-blank for an instant then (sometimes) flashes the word Slave in the middle of the screen, then flashes blank again and goes back the model's main bar-graph display (normal flying screen) - when I return to the trainer source screen, the source is back to 'Jack PPM' - if I again re-select Slave, the flash/return to main screen repeats.
EDIT: If I do that on my 9XRPro, it behaves normally and accepts the change to SLAVE and returns normally to all other operations.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, that is not normal. Let's wait for Mike's answer then..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, thanks for trying suggestions, João - past my witching hour now, anyway - have an early start tomorrow, so will call it quits for now and wait for feedback from Mike.

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have the fix for selecting SLAVE in the trainer menu, and I've tested it actually operating as a slave. I messed it up when I added support for the Horus, the ordinary Taranis wasn't working in slave mode either.

As far as powering on when you plug the trainer jack in, I can't see any specific hardware on the circuit diagram that enables this. The signal that indicates the trainer is plugged in is active high on the X7, and active low on the Taranis. It may be that there is enough voltage/current injected into the signal pin that passes through the protection diode and causes the processor to start operating. Possibly openTx turns on the soft power when that happens, although I couldn't see any code for that when I just looked.

I'll try to post an update later tonight.

Mike.

Edit: I've posted an update for the QX7.
erskyTx/er9x developer
playlet

Post by playlet »

Hi guys! I don't know if anyone is watching the bug reporting thread so I'm posting my problem here, too.

I ran into a small problem with latest stable version of 9XR-PRO firmware. 220, I believe. I'm guessing latest beta has it, too. Every time my logical switch resets the timer (using RSSI as indicator: <1 when quad is disconnected), I lose all voice announcements until the TX is restarted. Sometimes in the middle of the flight, too. Even the menu beeps are gone.

9XR PRO with DJT module and D4R receiver.

Logical switch (L8): v<val RSSI 1 !ELE
Timer 1 (THs count up): Reset switch L8
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

playlet wrote: I'm guessing latest beta has it, too.
Guessing is no good in this case. You need to try it :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,

Thank you for the fix - I have downloaded it and initial testing (selecting SLAVE on the Trainer Menu) is good - that now works as normal, as you now mention -- I will get some time to further test it later today and report back.

Also, I will get some time next Sunday to get my hands on the OpenTx-QX7 again and re-check my (possibly incorrect) observation about it 'powering on' with the JR-jack plugged in and get back to you with an update at that time.

Again, thanks for this fast response to my report.

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm I have the fix for selecting SLAVE in the trainer menu, and I've tested it actually operating as a slave. I messed it up when I added support for the Horus, the ordinary Taranis wasn't working in slave mode either.

As far as powering on when you plug the trainer jack in, I can't see any specific hardware on the circuit diagram that enables this. The signal that indicates the trainer is plugged in is active high on the X7, and active low on the Taranis. It may be that there is enough voltage/current injected into the signal pin that passes through the protection diode and causes the processor to start operating. Possibly openTx turns on the soft power when that happens, although I couldn't see any code for that when I just looked.

Mike.

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

@Mike and @João - This is sounding like my (occasional) reports of lost audio - and, my suspect voice announcements do also include RSSI reports. I will set this up later today (and identify and reconfirm my version number, though that is already well-published) and try to provide additional insight.

@playlet - thanks for reporting and giving me additional visibility to a clue - I'm also chasing this one with little success at actively re-producing it yet.

regards,
ozphoenix
playlet wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm Hi guys! I don't know if anyone is watching the bug reporting thread so I'm posting my problem here, too.

I ran into a small problem with latest stable version of 9XR-PRO firmware. 220, I believe. I'm guessing latest beta has it, too. Every time my logical switch resets the timer (using RSSI as indicator: <1 when quad is disconnected), I lose all voice announcements until the TX is restarted. Sometimes in the middle of the flight, too. Even the menu beeps are gone.

9XR PRO with DJT module and D4R receiver.

Logical switch (L8): v<val RSSI 1 !ELE
Timer 1 (THs count up): Reset switch L8
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I am waiting for my receiver's battery to charge so I can also try to reproduce the problem in the latest test version. I have the feeling that this is an old problem that was already fixed.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike and João,

I just checked with my OpenTx-QX7 friend and my recollection of events on Sunday was faulty - the OpenTx-QX7, unlike all of his other radios and also mine, DOES need to be manually powered on to use Slave mode - my apologies for the misinformation. It's sad, because the DXe is a much less sophisticated radio and it can do that automatically :(

Also, I did a quick check with the ErSky9x and QX7 updated and my 9XRPro - it seems to work ok but I still have to do more testing. I have run out of testing time today, but I did also have a quick look at connecting the updated QX7 to PhoenixRC - for some reason, it is not recognised as being connected, no matter what polarities I set on any menu. Again, I'm out of testing time today - will get back to it in the next 24 hours, however, and report.

regards,
ozphoenix
ozphoenix wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:07 pm Mike,

Thank you for the fix - I have downloaded it and initial testing (selecting SLAVE on the Trainer Menu) is good - that now works as normal, as you now mention -- I will get some time to further test it later today and report back.

Also, I will get some time next Sunday to get my hands on the OpenTx-QX7 again and re-check my (possibly incorrect) observation about it 'powering on' with the JR-jack plugged in and get back to you with an update at that time.

Again, thanks for this fast response to my report.

Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm I have the fix for selecting SLAVE in the trainer menu, and I've tested it actually operating as a slave. I messed it up when I added support for the Horus, the ordinary Taranis wasn't working in slave mode either.

Mike.

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Mike,

I've now had time to re-test the newest QX7 code with the PhoenixRC simulator - it works fine - I had to get the polarity right and the model select right at the same time :( - now all good.

Thanks for this update - it now addresses my outstanding questions, I think.

I still have a little work to do checking telemetry reporting and audio, etc, but, for now, it's good :)

However, when you have time, please advise on this one:

6. Just an aside, I cannot see how to change nor what the Trainer Mode NORM settings does on the Statistics Menu Trainer Diag Page -- can you explain, please?

regards,
ozphoenix

ozphoenix wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 am
Also, I did a quick check with the ErSky9x and QX7 updated and my 9XRPro - it seems to work ok but I still have to do more testing. I have run out of testing time today, but I did also have a quick look at connecting the updated QX7 to PhoenixRC - for some reason, it is not recognised as being connected, no matter what polarities I set on any menu. Again, I'm out of testing time today - will get back to it in the next 24 hours, however, and report.
/quote]

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”