difference of pitch curve between er9x and ersky9x

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
kaos

difference of pitch curve between er9x and ersky9x

Post by kaos »

I just moved most of my planes/heli to ONE tx I will be using from now on. the ERSKY9x with v. B board and wheel encoder. I have a Frysky, Flysky and DSM2/X module, so all my planes/heli/quad can be flown with one Tx with a swap of module.
Now this is interesting to me. see if any one has any insight to this.
one of my heli was set up with a Flysky module in a er9x Tx with stock board and was flying well. I transferred all the setting to ERSKY9x by hand and used the same module without rebinding.
the swash seems to be still level. but the pitch was way off, at least a few degrees.
I thought if changing module I may have to reset the setting, ie limit, offset...
but this is a swap from er9x to ersky9x (on two different tx but same module). what would cause this difference in my pitch curve?
one possible explanation I can think of is two different tx may have different calibration. but I would imagine the leveled swash would be affected more than the pitch curve. But the swash seems to be pretty level. (I did not check with a leveling tool, just eye balled it) I just made an adjustment of pitch curve for different mode and it is just fine. (if the swash is not level, my heli would fly really weird, but it was not)
the curve was -100 -- 0 -- +100 for -12 to +12 degree, now it is -75 -- 9 -- +100 for -12 to +12 degree. and the mid stick 0 degree shifted with a curve number from 0 to 9.
It is a little puzzling to me. which part of different firmware/swap of tx would affect the pitch curve like this?

gohsthb

Re: difference of pitch curve between er9x and ersky9x

Post by gohsthb »

It could be that when you calibrated that the throttle stick center is not in the same place. Easy to get that mixed up. A few degrees does seem like a lot though, best make a check of your throttle stick pot. Make sure it isn't moving around and what not.
-Gohst
kaos

Re: difference of pitch curve between er9x and ersky9x

Post by kaos »

once I adjust the curve then it is stable and other model using the same tx is also stable. It seems this happened just as the setting is transferred by hand from er9x tx to ersky9x tx. The puzzling thing is the swash is level just the bottom half of the curve. I was expecting the swash will be all over the place. :?

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”