Help Exporting Model from OpenTx into ersky9x

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

I have been playing around with both OpenTx and ersky9x and have now finally decided that I am going to stick with ersky9x but I have my model fully configured and working in OpenTx.

How can I export model so that I can open in ersky9x with all mixes, limits, switches etc working like in OpenTx?

Thanks

John

jhsa

Re: Help Exporting Model from OpenTx into ersky9x

Post by jhsa »

You canoot. You need to copy the settings manually.. As we already explained somewhere else, OpenTX and Ersky9x are not compatible..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The translation from OpenTX to ErSky9x is generally fairly straightforward, as, while no longer directly compatible, they stem from the same root and thus share the same logical approach.
First make sure you are familiar with the basics of ErSky9x, then rebuild the OpenTX model step-by-step. Feel free to come back here with specific questions, most of which will probably be of the “What’s the ErSky9x equivalent of....?” Much of the time, it’s just a matter of terminology.
Please don’t start a new thread for each question. The idea of threads is that they bring together related questions, yours and other people’s, so all can benefit. That’s why it’s called a forum. It also avoids the annoying discovery by a responder that, after spending some time replying to a question, it was posted in another thread and has already been answered by someone else.
Enjoy ErSky9x, it’s a wonderful and dynamic piece of software, thanks to the work of Mike with contributions from João and others.
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Hi Daedalus66

Ok think I have most of it setup correctly, one thing I have noticed which I cannot find out how to do is get the flight mode names to show on the 9XR Pro.

I have attached a .rar file which has model setups in OpenTx and ersky9x.

Please look at model P2K Test

If running with OpenTx and I switch the 3 Position switch it shows the various flight mode names on the TX, but in ersky9x it doesn't.

Any ideas, thanks John
Attachments
Model.rar
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Also I have my flaps on CH2 and CH3 but for some reason when in break/landing mode they are operated by the elevator stick, but in OpenTx version of the model they are controlled by the throttle stick with a deadpoint in the middle, any ideas where I am going wrong

Thanks

John

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

John, As Daedalus66 already said, you should avoid posting the same question on different topics. Like this you will make a complete mess of your posts and it will make it difficult to help you, as it is confusing us. We don't know what was answered on not, and we might answer the same thing twice. Please keep all related subjects in just one place. I am lost already.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

johnrcglider wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm

I cannot open the file. I get the message its unknown format or defective. Anybody else same problem?

Reinhard
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Same here. Just get error messages.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

johnrcglider wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:26 pm Hi Daedalus66
Ok think I have most of it setup correctly, one thing I have noticed which I cannot find out how to do is get the flight mode names to show on the 9XR Pro.
If running with OpenTx and I switch the 3 Position switch it shows the various flight mode names on the TX, but in ersky9x it doesn't.
Any ideas, thanks John
It works on my 9XR Pro with r221 firmware.
If you select a mode (other than F0) you get a screen which allows you to set the switch(s) to activate that mode (and various other things). The last item is Name.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

johnrcglider wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 pm Also I have my flaps on CH2 and CH3 but for some reason when in break/landing mode they are operated by the elevator stick, but in OpenTx version of the model they are controlled by the throttle stick with a deadpoint in the middle, any ideas where I am going wrong
Thanks
John
You've got the wrong function operating the flaps.
When you say "throttle stick" which one are you referring to? If you are a mode 2 flyer, it's the left stick and in the Radio Setup menu under Controls you must have Mode (i.e. Stick Mode) set to 2. If you fly Mode 1, the transmitter must be set accordingly. My guess is you've got the wrong setting.
You might also have the channel order set incorrectly. It's on the same page.
The alternative is that the mixes are set up incorrectly. That should show up if you resend the file.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I believe that openTX defaults to Stick mode 1. Ersky9x defaults to stick mode 2.
Some people might not even know what stick mode is and be programming models with the wrong one by adjusting the channel order. This will bring problems in the future.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

That sounds plausible. The lesson is to take Channel Order and Stick Mode functions absolutely literally. The names say what they do. They must not be used otherwise or nothing you do will make sense.
The other common mistake is not to realize that Channel Order affects only NEW models. It does not change the order in existing models.
To change order for an existing model, go into the Mix page and move the mixes to the appropriate channels.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Nigel, you are absolutely right.. Maybe John should have a look at the er9x manual we wrote.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6473

Even if it is not for Ersky9x, the basics are the same, and most of the relevant programming procedure is exactly the same..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

jhsa wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:25 pm Nigel, you are absolutely right.. Maybe John should have a look at the er9x manual we wrote.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6473

Even if it is not for Ersky9x, the basics are the same, and most of the relevant programming procedure is exactly the same..

João
Many thanks I am starting to get the hang of ersky9x now, just manually converting a test model over and stuck on a couple of issues.

1. In OpenTx I have source setting in mixes as MAX what is equivalent in ersky9x?
2. In OpenTx I have some mixes in CH14, CH15, CH16 but they have no outputs in the outputs section, would with ersky9x I uncheck the tickbox for Enable DR/Expo? or leave this?

Do find some of the OpenTx stuff a bit easier to understand as for example in companionTx it shows a list of the flight modes that are selected in the mixes and also if Channels outputs/limits are named they also show so you can see easier what is for what, maybe these things could be added to eepskye which seems a little outdated compared to companionTx
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

1. "HALF"
2. How do you mean "no outputs", if you have a mix active on a channel, then you have an output on that channel?
DR/Expo only applies if the source of the mix is one of the sticks.

Look on the erksy9x test versions thread (first post). There is an updated eepskye there. This shows the flight modes for which the mix is active (unless it is active for all of them).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Hi Mike, not sure if a bug or if I am doing something wrong, I have my Stick Order to Mode 4 (Ail Thr Ele Rud) and Channel Order to A T E R.

But in simulate the Model is set to use Throttle Beep on Centre but this does not beep on throttle but on Elevator Stick which is Right stick up and down??

I have attached Model Settings and PDf of settings if someone could please have a quick look to see if all seems ok and as should be.

Another I cannot work out is Aileron stick is moved to right I get 81.1% weight on CH1 and 50% weight on CH4, but if I move to Aileron stick to left they do not see the same values, but -36.5% weight on CH1 and -76.7% on CH4.

Is this correct?

If anything else is spotted please let me know your thoughts on what to add or change.

Many thanks and Have a happy Christmas.

John
Attachments
P2K Test.pdf
(280.83 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
P2K Test.eepm
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Last edited by johnrcglider on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Assuming you have mixes set at 100, you should see 100% throw on the channels (unless there are other mixes).
Did you calibrate the sticks? Go to Radio Setup, Calibrate and follow the instructions.
Almost everything you are asking is covered in the ER9X manual, recommended by João.
Will look at the other issue shortly.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I took a look at the setup.
I very much recommend that you stay with one of the two common stick modes, 1 (throttle on right) or 2 (throttle on left). It will simplify life!
Also, there is no such thing as stick Order. Stick Mode describes which stick axis does what and has nothing to do with order.
You have mode 4 set, so you have throttle on the left stick. The Center beep is working correctly.
If you actually want throttle on the right, I would suggest you use Mode 1.
I’m not sure what’s going on with channels 1 and 4. I haven’t programmed a four servo glider for a while.

My suggestion is that you put all this complexity aside and create a dummy six-channel model.
Use Mode 1 and either AETR or TAER order. Set up channel 5 as a two way switch (I.e., -100, 100) and channel 6 as a Knob.
For guidance, take a good look at the ER9X manual, as recommended by João. Everything you are asking about and need to know at this stage is explained there. Pay particular attention to the Annex on programming (mostly João’s work) and try some of the setups there.
Only come back to the complications of glider wings when you have the basics clear.
[Edited mode reference.]

https://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-tr ... modes.html
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Try this version of the phoenix setup. This is how I use it an the AR9x.
Yours is missing several flight mode settings.

Reinhard
PhoenixNeu.eepm
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Thanks Reinhard, I have tried to open in eepskye but it does not do anything, any ideas how I can open it?
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I can’t get Reinhard’s file to open either.
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Daedalus66 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:36 pm I can’t get Reinhard’s file to open either.
Yes does not seem to do anything in eepskye and if trying to open in eepe it just crashes the program, I have a feeling i have version r421 installed and file is for an older version, did manage to install an old version of eepe like 413 but that open its but all mixes are missing, has no flight modes etc, so something to do with release version.

Hopefully someone else can open and update or maybe Reinhard could do this,
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

Also tried to download both eepe and eepskye and doesn't do open in eepskye and crashes in eepe.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I have just opened it in eepskye. That is an ".eepm" file, which is a model file not an eeprom file.
Start Eepskye, create a new eeprom by clicking "File / New", then right click on an empty slot and select "Load Model/Settings". Navigate to the file and open it. Or just drag and drop it on an empty slot.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
johnrcglider

Post by johnrcglider »

jhsa wrote:I have just opened it in eepskye. That is an ".eepm" file, which is a model file not an eeprom file.
Start Eepskye, create a new eeprom by clicking "File / New", then right click on an empty slot and select "Load Model/Settings". Navigate to the file and open it. Or just drag and drop it on an empty slot.

João
Thanks João didn’t know I had to do it that way it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

yeah, that is a single model..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Thanks. Been a while since I used eepm.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That is the file extension the radio uses to backup models to the SD Card

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Sorry for the confusion.

Here is an updated description of what the different mixes are meant for.

Reinhard
ER9X_Phönix15_new_en.doc
(114 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
The FM settings are
F1 Start L1 Fadein 1.0 Fadeout 1.0
F2 Glide L2 Fadein 1.0 Fadeout 1.0
F3 Break L3 Fadein 1.0 Fadeout 1.0
F4 Simpel !THR

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”