Ersky9x Bug Reporting

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Ersky9x Bug Reporting

Post by MikeB »

That file contains the firmware, not the EEPROM.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Here it is Mike.
OctavioS_9xt.rar
(512 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just tried that on my 9XT (the file seems to be the .bin file, not compressed). I couldn't reproduce your problem.
I'll see if I can add some debug to locate where your problem is occuring.
To help, what, exactly, happens on our radio?
I get the "Hardware enabled" message, then when I release the trim switch I get the splash screen, then the main display (with the square boxes showing the stick positions).
Do you get the same? If so, when you get to the main display, I assume you have the black box in the top left corner for a second or so. While that is showing, do the "teltales" in the square boxes move when you move the sticks?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Re: RE: Re: Ersky9x Bug Reporting

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:I just tried that on my 9XT (the file seems to be the .bin file, not compressed). I couldn't reproduce your problem.
I'll see if I can add some debug to locate where your problem is occuring.
To help, what, exactly, happens on our radio?
I get the "Hardware enabled" message, then when I release the trim switch I get the splash screen, then the main display (with the square boxes showing the stick positions).
Do you get the same? If so, when you get to the main display, I assume you have the black box in the top left corner for a second or so. While that is showing, do the "teltales" in the square boxes move when you move the sticks?

Mike
What happens exactly is that when I power up the radio using the trim to activate the hardware menu, upon releasing it, the black square appears, I don't get the splash screen, the voltage reading starts very low and the quickly rises to normal. When I go to hardware and eeprom, it shows the message "disabled (see help)". The "teltales" move although inverted.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A5000 através do Tapatalk

2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I going to suggest we erase your EEPROM and start from there. I've attached a blank EEPROM file (zipped). Please use the option in eepskye under the "Burn" menu of "Write EEPROM Memory from File", and select this file to write.
When you power up the radio, it should then say "Bad EEPROM", and then "Formatting EEPROM".
Then see if the problem you have accessing the hardware menu is cured.

Mike
Attachments
BlankEEPROM.zip
(655 Bytes) Downloaded 250 times
erskyTx/er9x developer

OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi Mike,
after flashing the eeprom, the message in IMG_01 shows up;
IMG_01
IMG_01

I pressed "any key" and the message in IMG_02 showed up for a short moment, but it returns to IMG_01;
IMG_02
IMG_02
IMG_01
IMG_01
After trying for several times the above mentioned procedure and being stuck in the first message, i switched off the radio and when i switched on the message in IMG_03 showed up.
IMG_03
IMG_03
I pressed again "any key" and it went to main screen, but i didnt get a message stating that eeprom had been formated. Still no access to hardware/eeprom menu and to make things better, PC does'nt recognise radio anymore, so i dont have access to radio sd card nor flash memory.

PS: I assume you want to make a debug test version, so ill hold the radio like this for a while. After that while im planning to make a manual debug, which consists in cleaning the pads and try again.

Edit: i rebooted the pc and now it recognises the radio.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

I just finished disassembling and assembling the radio in order to clean the spring loaded pads and where they sit on the main board. For my surprise things are the same. Damn one by one my 9xtreme radios are dying. This was the only one working fine so far,and now gone? Hope there's a fix Mike.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What happened to the other radios then?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

One them is on standby because of the rotary encoder mod, I'll have to get back to it, but I don't have the time right now. And the other started having problems with the throttle gimbal, which I have to check the solder, also no time right now. Still have plenty of radios though. 2 9xr pro, 2 taranis, x10s and x12s.

2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, so they didn't really die :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

jhsa wrote:Ok, so they didn't really die :D

João
Yes, not really. I have to commit myself, but right now I have more urgent matters to attend to.

2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I fully understand you :) ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

[emoji16][emoji16]

2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

My current thought is a block of the EEPROM is failing to write properly. On the 9Xtreme, the EEPROM chip is actually double the capacity required. So, I've posted a special test version of ersky9x that uses the second half of the chip.
Note that the bootloader won't "know" about this, so accesses from the PC will still go to the first half.
PLease try flashing the test version, then restart the radio. It should report "Bad EEPROM" and "Formatting" again, but then might work.
If it solves your problem, then either I need to work out a solution that allows automatic selection of which half of the chip to use, or you need to replace the chip.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:My current thought is a block of the EEPROM is failing to write properly. On the 9Xtreme, the EEPROM chip is actually double the capacity required. So, I've posted a special test version of ersky9x that uses the second half of the chip.
Note that the bootloader won't "know" about this, so accesses from the PC will still go to the first half.
PLease try flashing the test version, then restart the radio. It should report "Bad EEPROM" and "Formatting" again, but then might work.
If it solves your problem, then either I need to work out a solution that allows automatic selection of which half of the chip to use, or you need to replace the chip.

Mike
Is that for all 9xtreme or mine is faulty?

Do you think that when I flashed the er9x file it damaged the eeprom chip?

2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

This one is just for you to test the EEPROM chip. If it solves your problem, then I'll see if I can find a way of selecting the required 'half' of the chip.
No, I don't think flashing the er9x file can cause the error, and flashing the blank EEPROM file should clear everything.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Mike, i just tested it and everything is the same. Same exact erratic behaviour. Can you please tell me what eeprom chip should i be looking for so i can replace the existing one, thx.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm not certain it is the EEPROM chip yet.
I've posted a new test version. This one, as it starts up, puts a character in the top left corner of the display, hopefully still readable if the black square is present. If you power on with the left trim held left, then watch the top left corner when you release it, I need to know what the last character displayed is before the radio restarts.
If you can't tell exactly, I'll improve the debug to help detect where the restart is happening.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Mike, when i power on the tx with the trim to the left, i dont get the square anymore and the character goes up to "h". After that i get the splash screen and i have access to hardware menu. The problem is that the keys are not very responsive. In order to go to menu screen i have to press menu for several times and if i press plus key, it takes a very long delay untill the menu shows up.When scrolling through the menu, sometimes i have to press up or down key several times to change the option and this goes also to select or exit keys.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I've posted a new test version. Instead of displaying a character, which takes time, this one stores the character in some special "backup" RAM. If you get a watchdog reboot, then the BOOT REASON menu displays a code with the watchdog message indicating what was last stored. I've tested this firmware runs, but unless I create a watchdog reset in some way, I can't test the storing and display of the debug.
Please test this one, and check if you get a watchdog reboot when holding the left trim to the left (I've turned the backlight on before displaying the "Hardware Menu Enabled" message so it is easier to see).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:30 pm (I've turned the backlight on before displaying the "Hardware Menu Enabled" message so it is easier to see).

Mike
This is a good idea in general Mike, perhaps you could leave it in? ;)

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, I've moved the call to turn the backlight on so it will turn on sooner now.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Mike, i instaled the test version pointed by the green arrow an after several times, i could'nt reproduce the error.
I then installed the test version pointed by the red arrow and it happens again.
Sem Título.jpg
I will again install the above debug test version and keep trying untill i get an error.
I will then get back to you with the info.
Thx.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Hi @MikeB, unfortunately i havent been able to reproduce the eeprom error, after several daily attempts, since the last post.
So, today i installed the latest test version ersky9xProvR222a6.zip - 25-Apr-2018 19:17, to see if anything related happened, but nothing happened.
Now im wondering if you implemented the debug version change in this test version or not?
thx
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Mike, after flashing the test version just above mentioned, i went back to the ersky9x9XT_romDbg1.zip22-Apr-2018 20:26 and kept repeating the procedure trying to replicate the eeprom bug, but to no avail.
Everything seems to be working right since then.
If you have any recomendation, please let me know. Thx.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Mike,

I think eepskye does not store Logging configuration settings (under Telemetry tab). Any changes made to the Logging configuration (i.e. parameters to be logged, logging rate, logging switch, etc) are reverted back to default values when model settings window is closed and reopened.

Not a big deal in general, but probably worth to be looked into when you have some time.

Thanks!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, got the fix. A temporary workaround is to change some other setting that isn't in the Logging dialog (then change it back!). That will "save" the Logging changes.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Ah this way it works! :)

Thanks!!!
Sterling101

Post by Sterling101 »

Found a bug with 222a8 on my 9XR-Pro today at the field I think. I fired up a plane using one of my AFHDS2A receivers which was fine on a5 and it refused to connect to the receiver using the multi module.
Initially I thought I may have messed up something with the bind, but it refused to stay in bind mode and just returned back into the multi menu.
Just to get me flying I transferred one of my FrSky receivers in and flew on that using the internal DHT module fine.

I've just downgraded back to a5 and everything works fine and I can use the receiver and multi no problems at all.

Another odd thing I noticed is random flashing items in the menus, like in General you start with Name highlighted, then if you move down to the voice it doesn't highlight it at all but name will be flashing. Similar in the multi menu, if I select the AFHDS2A protocol then N/A flashes next to it.

If you need any testing done, just let me know.
Leigh

Current Kit:-
Taranis X9D plus running ErSkyTx - main radio.
Turnigy 9XR-Pro with internal FrSky DHT Module - used on the simulator.
Retired radios:-
Turnigy i10 with FlySky receivers.
Turnigy I6 - My first Tx now just used on Quads.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, there is a bug in the model General menu for the model voice setting. I've removed the option of using a numbered file and haven't got the highlighting sorted!

Regarding the protocol, the flashing N/A indicates the multi module is reporting the selected protocol is not present. Please try 'A8 and see if any other protocols don't have the N/A beside them.
I just remembered I noticed the serial data to the multi module was inverted on "SKY/'PRO/AR9X" boards, and I've put a fix in to sort that. I don't know why it was working before! I thought it was something I'd done since 'A8, but I just tried 'A8 myself and see the multi module isn't responding to any protocols.

I'll try to get an 'A9 posted with this fixed.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”