Realvoice9x - for Open9x with SKY9x

Sound packs for the new audio mods
Scott Page

Realvoice9x - for Open9x with SKY9x

Post by Scott Page »

I will be creating a series of voice packs to use with sky9x hardware and open9x firmware. These sounds may work with other hardware or firmware, but have not been tested with other systems.
Here is my first RealVoice9x pack, and as the name implies -- it a real voice, not synthesized.

All Realvoice9x packages I distribute will be configured for sky9x with Open9x firmware:

This is the first of my real voice soundpacks for Open9x. This pack is "Sammi". You may want to replace the warnings with your own sounds --- for diagnostic purposes the names of some of the system sounds are spoken -- such as "EE Format" and "Warning 1"

There are two attachments. Sammi Ulaw contains a folder with a .pdf that lists the names of all of the files and a folder 9XSOUNDS that is the folder that must be used to choose files to play. Within that folder is a folder called System which contains files that the system calls for things such as count down, alarms, etc. Refer to the .pdf for more info.
The second .zip file contains all of the "SAMMI" telemetry files for playing. They are separate to keep the files under the 5meg limit. Copy the telemetry sounds to 9XSOUNDS Folder.

To call files to play (with the SKY9x board with Open9x firmware) you must have the sound files in a folder called 9XSOUNDS in the root directory of the microSD card. All sounds except the system sounds are within the 9XSOUNDS - and all system sounds are in a folder called system.

If the Gurus detect that I've stated any of this incorrectly It would be great to have it corrected so it doesn't make it's way into the Wiki.
Attachments
SAMMI Telemetry.zip
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 1030 times
SAMMI Ulaw.zip
(4.33 MiB) Downloaded 1162 times

Peter

Re: Realvoice9x - for Open9x with SKY9x

Post by Peter »

Would it be a good idea to be able to install multiple voices?
By having a 9xvoices directory in the root. And in that folder you could put multiple voice folders. With a setting in the firmware with voice (name of folder) to use.
I think it would be a great feature.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Peter wrote:Would it be a good idea to be able to install multiple voices?
By having a 9xvoices directory in the root. And in that folder you could put multiple voice folders. With a setting in the firmware with voice (name of folder) to use.
Right! Many voices, many languages as well, it is in my tasks list, Romolo also asked me to add this feature.

Bertrand.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Scott Page wrote:I will be creating a series of voice packs to use with sky9x hardware and open9x firmware. These sounds may work with other hardware or firmware, but have not been tested with other systems.
Here is my first RealVoice9x pack, and as the name implies -- it a real voice, not synthesized.

All Realvoice9x packages I distribute will be configured for sky9x with Open9x firmware:
Wow, I need the same in french!!!
Bertrand.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Peter wrote:Would it be a good idea to be able to install multiple voices?

I try to make the names one character shorter to allow to change the first character to a number -- such as 1 for voice 1 and 2 for voice 2. This way you could use different voices, and they would alphanumerically sort.

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:
Scott Page wrote:I will be creating a series of voice packs to use with sky9x hardware and open9x firmware. These sounds may work with other hardware or firmware, but have not been tested with other systems.

Wow, I need the same in french!!!
Bertrand.

I have a french speaker that I will be working with after the new year. Before we record I'll send you the french translation of the words to see if what we are going to say is correct words.
EDIT: French and German will be two of the three next packages I make.
Last edited by Scott Page on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

duplicate
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Scott Page wrote: I have a french speaker that I will be working with after the new year. Before we record I'll send you the french translation of the words to see if what we are going to say is correct words.
Oh thanks! Let-me send you the french CSV, and I will work on it with some french guys here to avoid forgetting something!
Bertrand.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:
Scott Page wrote: I have a french speaker that I will be working with after the new year. Before we record I'll send you the french translation of the words to see if what we are going to say is correct words.
Oh thanks! Let-me send you the french CSV, and I will work on it with some french guys here to avoid forgetting something!
Bertrand.
Check the .pdf I have in the Sammi package to cross reference what we want said.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:
Bertrand.
@Bertrand
I thought I'd have to wait until after Jan 7 to get a French voice reader because we are now on winter break. (I teach broadcasting). As luck would have it -- one of my former broadcast students came to visit me today -- she is home for the holidays. She was one of my favorite broadcast anchors two years ago and is a native French speaker - spends several months a year back home in France. She has a smooth alto voice and said she would love to spend an hour doing a recording session if I have a script ready for her. -- so... French version moves to the lead project for me. There are a number of sound bugs -- which is another reason I'd like to get a complete French version with all system sounds in your hands. I seem to get some random Warning 1 alarms and the menu and button alerts are funky -- I need to nail down the sequence that invokes the strange issues to you can replicate. Also the center trim sounds with every move of the trim button. I don't know if this is because the system sounds are U-law.wav -- I have not tested this issue with A-law.wav yet. After tomorrow's Basketball broadcast my crew and I will be on two week break so I'll have more time to play with the TX --- I might even use it to fly a couple times. ;)

@ Romolo -- What languages do you understand in voice. You write English very well so I was hoping you understand it as well as I don't have an Italian voice talent identified yet. I'd like to get the primary code jockeys clear versions of "realvoice9x" so they can more easily identify sound bugs or replicate those I/we find.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Here is the french CSV:
french-sky9x.csv
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Bertrand.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:Here is the french CSV:
french-sky9x.csv
Bertrand.

Received. Thanks.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Wait, there will be more changes ;)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Scott Page wrote:
bertrand35 wrote:Here is the french CSV:
The attachment french-sky9x.csv is no longer available
Bertrand.

Received. Thanks.

I used the English.csv send a few days ago and juxtaposed it against the French.csv and found some inconsistencies between them. I did my best to translate the french I did not know using google translator and prepared a side by side comparison of file names and what phrases are to correspond with these file names. Before I get too far down the road of recording and naming files I want to make sure that -- especially the system files -- correspond correctly with the words spoken.

I'd would assume that spoken message should be coordinated -- the same -- regardless of language.

I've attached a .pdf for easy reading, a .csf and an excel file both for editing -- so this ends up making sense in the long run.

I'm not sure what to do next -- so I'm going to go to sleep as it's very late here.
Attachments
French English Coordinate.xlsx
(23.25 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
French English Coordinate.pdf
(222.82 KiB) Downloaded 730 times
French English Coordinate.csv
(10.23 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

The languages are completely independant! So there is a different code for each language and the high level functions for all of them are playNumber(...) playDuration(...) and so on.

So above is the french CSV which is also automatically generated from the TTS Python script.

Bertrand.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:The languages are completely independant! So there is a different code for each language and the high level functions for all of them are playNumber(...) playDuration(...) and so on.

So above is the french CSV which is also automatically generated from the TTS Python script.

Bertrand.
Wow, that's a good thing to know. So next question, will the language .csv change and if so, will it change existing phrases to new file names.

I'm not going to assume any more. I'll just ask in advance.

Final Q. Are the only files that are called from firmware those in the system folder? I noticed several in the .csv that were not in system folder and wondered if they are called by firmware, or only assignable in custom functions.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Scott Page wrote: Wow, that's a good thing to know. So next question, will the language .csv change and if so, will it change existing phrases to new file names.
As less as possible, because it would annoy everybody!
Scott Page wrote:Final Q. Are the only files that are called from firmware those in the system folder? I noticed several in the .csv that were not in system folder and wondered if they are called by firmware, or only assignable in custom functions.
You have perfectly understood!

Bertrand.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I should add that in future versions, there will be different folders for all the languages, it will allow a user to switch the language dynamically.

Bertrand.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Oops. Just noticed I had forgotten to upload the new French file we had discussed with Bertrand, it was lost in the sea of mess on my PC desktop...

There's a selection of new files at the end that we plan on adding support for (default switches, flight phases, timers etc) as discussed in another thread I don't have at hand right now anymore...
You might probably want to add them in English too.

Some numbers require to be done in 2 different formats (French and Swiss/Belgian), noted where needed.
Attachments
french-sky9x.csv
(8.07 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I'm glad I didn't get it recorded yet as I'd planned. I'm on holiday and really being a slob rather than working as hard on projects as I'd intended. I'll need the diversions when I got back to work on Monday. :cry:
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello I'm saijem from malaga Please can you send me a csv file with the voices for the ersky board and of course for open tx in English? I'm trying to translate into spanish all the voices, now I have in my radio several voices in spanish but not all ones. Don't worry because I sent the files to the svn.
Thanks for your help.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

It woild be better to add spanish in to the tts.py script.

However ... if you do feel the need to get the csv, simply download an audio pack from within companion. The zip file contains a csv.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello Rob I don't know how to add spanish to the script but if you explain to me how perhaps I could do it. Thanks for your quick response.

Best regards from Málaga
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello

I have to pop out now.

Give me nudge tomorrow, and I will create a csv file for you. If you provide the translations, I can then input them and generate the sounds for you.

Rob
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
saijem

Post by saijem »

That's right, then tomorrow afternoom I'll look for the csv and in a few days I'll send you the translation. Please tell me how.

Best regards from Málaga
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello Rob I downloaded yesterday from companion the english.zip file but there is no csv file on it so please can you create a csv file for me.

Thanks for your help
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello Rob as you don't post the csv file and while I was waiting for it I took the tts.py file and doing copy and paste with the english part, I put it to the end of the czech voice but I don't know the programming languaje perhaps maybe several mistakes. I think perhaps is easier correct my adding than create a csv file but if you have problem with this, don't worry and post the csv file and I'll post translated again. For posting the file I rename it to .txt because the limitation of the forum.

Sorry for my hurry.

Warning for the other users of this forum, the attached file is not a good file perhaps has several mistakes, please don't use it.
Attachments
tts.txt
Please don't use this file.
(37.1 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello.

Sorry for the delay.

My windows machine stopped being able to run the script. I am still trying to find out why!

Rob
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Because it wants to annoy you? Because it's windows? Did it stop working on a Sunday? Did you hit it? Did you swear at it? Forgot to tell the computer you love it? was it in the morning, or late at night? Can you post a good resolution picture of it so we can help you better? Maybe the problem is the regulator, or you could check your connections. Do you have a DVM or a scope? You might have changed the fuses accidentally. Also try pointing it to the North ;)
I hope it helps.

Joao

EDIT: The only fix I can come up with at the moment is: Give it a good kick. Or you could try some "Mint" sweets :mrgreen:

EDIT the EDIT: I know, useless post :) Just shut up Joao :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
saijem

Post by saijem »

Hello rob don't worry about because I'm not in a hurry but I have a problem, when I begin to do something I don't stop, but don't worry, tomorrow the day after tomorrow or so..... When your machine says yes. ja ja ja.

Best regards from Málaga

Return to “Sound Pack Library”