THR and AIL switches Telemetry Mod

Gruvin 9x development has now been stopped - with the development team joining up with the open9x team to produce one firmware.
ksherbert

THR and AIL switches Telemetry Mod

Post by ksherbert »

I have a Turnigy 9x and have a FrSky DHT DIY module. I have done the Telemetry mod. It looks like the wiring is correct. I have flashed the transmitter with latest stable release of gruvin9x-frsky-nospeaker.hex -- Fr-Sky telemetry mod, but no speaker upgrade. The telemetry works great, but now the THR and AIL switches both have to be on for them to be on. If either is off, they are both off. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

Crucial

Re: THR and AIL switches Telemetry Mod

Post by Crucial »

Triple check your wiring. Maybe you have some bridging of the solder between the 2 switches?
ksherbert

Post by ksherbert »

I can't get to it right now, but I will check for bridges between the switches tonight.

Thanks for the fast resonse.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

It sure looks like a solder bridge. Use an eye loop to look at pins 41 and 42 for a solder bridge as mentioned, or use an ohm meter from the two CPU pins and see if either switch pulls both pins (41 and 42 to 200 ohms to ground. The symptoms sure sounds like those two pins are shorted together. It they are use solder wick to remove the excess solder.

As a hint for the future, I always check all circuit trace cuts, or close solder connections I make with an ohm meter before applying power. It sure catches mistakes at the right time, before the power switch is turned on.
I'm sure the first post has your answer.
Good luck, please report back your success.
SM
ksherbert

Post by ksherbert »

Thank you both very much. I noticed that between the THR and AIL that there was about 440 Ohms. I couldn't see it originally, but I just got a magnifier with light and set that up. There was a solder bridge under the pins between 41 and 42. I flooded the pins with flux and hit it with heat for 2 seconds about 4 times, and it finally flowed. The transmitter is working fine now. Funny thing is that there is still around 440 Ohms between the switches. I guess you can't always find the bridge with an Ohm meter.

Thanks again,
Ken

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If both switches are ON, then they are both connecting to ground, and you have 2 220 ohm resistors that makes 440 ohms!
You only needed a short of as much as 10K to cause the problem you had.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “gruvin9x”