Installing Gruvin9x v4.2

Gruvin 9x development has now been stopped - with the development team joining up with the open9x team to produce one firmware.
mdtest

Installing Gruvin9x v4.2

Post by mdtest »

Received my G9x v4.2 PCb with SD reader and Gprog. The board is assembled but I have a bundle of connectors with bare wires on the end of the leads. Where is an install manual or youtube video. Spent the night searching and came up with nothing. I will also be adding the aftermarket backlight. That I do have the instructions. Any help would be appreciated. btw this is going in to my Turnegy V2.

Mike

bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: Installing Gruvin9x v4.2

Post by bertrand35 »

The rotary encoders connectors? The speaker connectors? Do you have a photo of what remains in the bag?
Bertrand.
mdtest

Post by mdtest »

I have the main board installed with the existing transmitter connectors connected. No problem their. For the rotary encoders - after looking at Cam's pictures of his encoder install - my wires on the 4 wire connect are different. Cam has Black (1), yellow, green, white. I have Black (1), red, white, yellow. He was installing on a v4.1 board, I'm installing on a v4.2 board. I want to be sure that the PCB connections are the same on the both boards. I can figure out the wiring color differences easily enough if the PCB is the same.

As far as the Piezo speaker on the board with the transmitter switch. I see that it is the way for the SD card. I saw Cam's solution for changing the position, not an issue. However, can this speaker just be removed since I can plug another speaker into the PCB? Does Open9x use 2 speakers? Or is the speaker that plugs into middle right of the PCB a different kind? If so,what do I need to get from my local electronic part store? Also, where do I type of Vibrating motor do I look for?
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Today open9x doesn't drive the piezo speaker on gruvin9x board. But Bryan has asked to add its support. Have a look to the issue he created there:
http://code.google.com/p/open9x/issues/detail?id=64
Still not done. So today no piezzo.
Bertrand.
ziobaba

Post by ziobaba »

bertrand35 wrote:Today open9x doesn't drive the piezo speaker on gruvin9x board. But Bryan has asked to add its support. Have a look to the issue he created there:
http://code.google.com/p/open9x/issues/detail?id=64
Still not done. So today no piezzo.
Bertrand.
Any news on this issue?
-Fritz

Return to “gruvin9x”