Heli going to full throttle ?

BieneFlyer

Heli going to full throttle ?

Post by BieneFlyer »

Hey all,

I have setup my Trex 500 using the template found on here.

The Align esc was setup per the manual with a linear throttle curve and I think -100 100 endpoints. (that I am fairly confident, but not completely certain of).

My problem is, as soon as I give it a smidgeon of throttle, the rpms continue to slowly increase till the motor is screaming at full throttle.

Shouldn't I have complete control over the rpms of the motor relative to the movement of the throttle stick, or does the throttle imediately head for the first throttle % set in the curve ?

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

gohsthb

Re: Heli going to full throttle ?

Post by gohsthb »

Post your eeprom file here. You should have control over the RPMs. Is this one of those esc's where to arm it you have to go to full throttle, then back to idle?
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
BieneFlyer

Post by BieneFlyer »

gohsthb wrote:Post your eeprom file here. You should have control over the RPMs. Is this one of those esc's where to arm it you have to go to full throttle, then back to idle?
-Gohst

I'm using the standard Trex 500 template that I found on this forum. (It's the one that also has the Trex 450 & 600 templates included).

The Align ESC is programmed by having the Tx on with the throttle set to full. Once programmed, lower the throttle stick to low, un-plug the battery. Then turn the Tx off and then you are ok to go, starting with the Tx in the low throttle position.

I've attached my eepe file.

Cheers :)
Attachments
Pauls 9x.eepe
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I see no problems with the throttle in your file. Are you sure it is going to full throttle? In your ID0 throttle curve you are commanding half throttle by the time the stick gets 25% of the way up. What you could do for testing is lower the points on the throttle curve. So move the second one down to like -90, and the third down to -80, and so on. If you are testing this with the blades off it will be hard to tell if it is at full speed, they really sound like they scream with no load on them.
-Gohst

EDIT: I made some changes to your setup. I removed a mix from the pitch channel, have a look to see what I did. Basically you do not need a curve for -100 to 100. I also added the sticky throttle cut, On a heli (the way this one is set up) if you enable throttle hold the only way to re enable the motor is in mode ID0 with the throttle stick all the way down, which is where the motor would be anyway. This prevents you from starting the motor in an idle up mode where the throttle would be close to full. I don't know what happened to your gyro gain channel, one was set to use RUD as an input. You can now select between rate and HH modes, with P3 controlling the gain. I also adjusted your ID0 pitch curve, you now have a couple of degrees negative pitch at low throttle, 0 at mid stick and full pitch at full stick. The way you had it set before would have made it very difficult to fly, and switching to an idle up mode would have been an experiance!
Attachments
Pauls 9x.eepe
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
BieneFlyer

Post by BieneFlyer »

Thanks Gohst,

Your a champion!

I'll load that to my 9x and see what happens.

I don't have any load on the motor. I undid the bolts and slid it away from the main gear for safety.

What was happening was if (from low stick) I moved it the smallest amount up, it would start the motor which would then get faster & faster till it reached
full rpm even with the stick now stationary.

Thanks so much for the help. Appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul :)

BieneFlyer

Post by BieneFlyer »

Hey Gohst !

Fixed the problems thanks!

I think with the motor pulled back from the blades, it sounds like it's reving higher than it is.

I now have control over the rpm's and all swashplate movements etc are correct.

Cheers

Paul.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Good to hear!

Return to “Helicoptor Programming”