EPEE - HELI SET UP GUIDE

Westy

EPEE - HELI SET UP GUIDE

Post by Westy »

Hi all .... I just wanted to post this ..... hope it helps you out there.

SPECIAL Notes:

The Config will work for Trex 450 and 500 .... the 600 will need the ELE in the Swash menu to be left off ..... not INV..... hope that helps (you will see the 600 file is already changed).

note that all the CCPM, sub trimming and End points have been returned back to stock standard .... you will need to set those up as per your heli/servo characteristics.

Points to Remember
1. ... CCPM top and bottom is done with End point Adjustment... also done AFTER Zero pitch at mid stick.

2. Swash aggression/max movement is adjusted with the swash number in Heli swash menu

3. Pitch curve in ID0 must be low stick set as per your curve 4 in Curves section .... adjust point 1 to achieve your -2 to -3 degrees and the point 2 is the mid point between whatever reading you ended up with on point 1 (curve 4) and zero.

4. ID0 = to achieve max pitch at 10 or 12 (your pitch actual pitch curve will be set at 100% at the top - point 5) degrees as per your won flying style..... you will make small adjustments to the CH 11 mix on line 1 (currently 80 percent ..... less = less travel and more is more travel.....

5. The second line on Channel 11 controls collective distance travel on ID1 (third line = ID2 collective distance control)

6. This is for setting up your initial Zero Pitch and tracking and levelling swash ....it automatically puts the collective at 50% of its travel - I set up line 3 on Channel 11 for setting zero zero pitch ..... set your throttle hold on .... and level your swash with your linkages and 0 subtrim & 90 degree lever to linkage angle.

7. Once you have done your set up with ID2 (switch to ID2 to do this) set up .... you can then go into the Curves section and change the ID2 pitch curve (CURVE 6) to.....
-100, -50,0 , +50, +100 ...... this will match the ID1 position so that if you accidently click it twice ..... then you will not run into trouble with funny things happening with the heli.

==================================================================================================================

Hope I have not confused you too much .....
Cheers
Westy
Attachments
Trex-450-500-600 config.eepe
450 5500 and 600 base set ups
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 1041 times

maniac

Re: EPEE - HELI SET UP GUIDE

Post by maniac »

hi every one
have copterx 250 se its a hand full new to this.
turnigy 9x with er9x
have just got it light on training gear and can tell its very touchy need to slow it down.
my reflexes are not as quick as when i was young.
would like help to slow the sticks down.
would like to be able to change pitch with knob also.
can any one please help.
i have my eepe file if i can find out how to post it.
thanks in advance for any help.
i am trying to do best i can.
Attachments
maniac250.eepe
my eepe file
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
maniac

Post by maniac »

i posted all my copter specs and fly history on the general forums ? of this site.
sorry about every thing running together makes it hard to read.
and it is very long.
i will learn from my mistakes in time i hope
thanks
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I think you need to start over. The way you have set up your heli it will not fly. Follow the guide here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=620
-Gohst
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

May I also mention that trying to set up and fly a 250 size heli is certainly NOT the right thing to do if you don't have any previous heli experience. The smaller the heli the more difficult the adjustments are, and the less stable and more reactive it is in flight. This thing will literally be jumping around...

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Don't be too worried about the 250 size, sure it will bounce a bit more in less wind than a larger heli. But we can still get it to fly pretty tame.
-Gohst
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

How do you adjust the swash ring in the heli menu?
I have assigned it to channel 12, like you have it there, but when i change the value (0-100) i dont see the swash ring move.

Edit: I found out that the 0 value has the same response as the 100, so from 1 to 100 it will work fine as long as you avoid 0...but who will need 0 anyway... :D
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.

Return to “Helicoptor Programming”