DSM besides Jeti

Like DSM2/DSMX? Want to mod your radio to support it? Post your messages here!
TheSpirit

DSM besides Jeti

Post by TheSpirit »

Hi.
I have a Jeti TU EX Modul within my Turnigy (firmware er9x) and everything works great.
Now i wanted to install a DSM modul from a HP6DSM.
I followed the guide within the wiki.
To power the Jeti Modul or the DSM Modul, i have two switches. One switch gives 3,3V power to the jeti modul, and the other gives 5V to a adapter board with a voltage regulator and the diode on it.
After that, i measure 3,25V on the dsm board.
Now i wanted to buind a Orange Receiver which allready works great with a DX8.
But i was unable to bind.
I turned of the splash screen, the voltage trigger and the stick alarm.
During power on i hold the trainer switch, but without any success.
My only idea is now, that it is a problem, that both ppm wires (the one to the jeti modul and the one to the diode on the adapter board to the dsm board) are connected on the same time (while only one is powered).
Do you think that this could be the cause why it is not working?
Thanks for your help,
Andreas

Update:
i power up the receiver with a bind plug connected to it and it flashes fast.
then i power up the transmitter with pulled trainer switch and just within power up, the receiver starts blinking slowly.
after around 3 seconds, the light of the receiver goes off (the trainer switch at the transmitter still pulled).
if i release the trainer switch or not, the led of the receiver is still off.

cre8tiveleo

Re: DSM besides Jeti

Post by cre8tiveleo »

take the hp6dsm module and try it back in the donor radio, see if it binds, if it does, then more than likely an issue with the board you soldered.
TheSpirit

Post by TheSpirit »

i only got the hp6dsm modul. so i am unable to try this out.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hello "TheSpirit",

because the DSM2 module requires serial 115kBaud input this is a much higher frequency compared to the Jeti PPM input signal and may be distorted by passive signal filtering on the Jeti TX board. You should not connect both inputs at the same time, even if the Jeti TX module power is switched off during DSM2 operation.

I have the same combination in a TGY9 (Open9X) and it works w/o problems. MY mode switch is a 2 way switch which changes power supply and input signal between the 2 modules. 5V to 3.3V conversion for the DSM2 module happens behind this switch then. It works great since months!

Pictures see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7kjxjwnqrgfdtcd/U__bTmIEAM

Regards,
Henning

Return to “DSM2/DSMX Mods”