ER9x and MLP4DSM

Like DSM2/DSMX? Want to mod your radio to support it? Post your messages here!
macisp2000

ER9x and MLP4DSM

Post by macisp2000 »

I am sorry if this is a repeated question. I have a Turnigy 9x v1 with a Assan module, and normal Turnigy 9X v2 with the Turnigy module, and have traded for another Turnigy 9x v2 that I want to turn into a DSM2 only module. I have the MLP4DSM transmitter that I got with my Quad copter and assume that I can take a board out of it and install into the Turnigy 9x to use with my DSM2 BNF stuff?? If you guys can point me to step by step instructions on how to do this?? Thank you.

Mac

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

ER9x and MLP4DSM

Post by Rob Thomson »

This is fully documented in the wiki.

Check the top nav on the forum - there is a link to the wiki where you will find the guide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
macisp2000

Re: ER9x and MLP4DSM

Post by macisp2000 »

I did find the info about 30 mins after asking, thanks. I also now understand the low power and high power options. My plan was to use the mlp4dsm, but now I think I may steal the rf module out of my dx6i if this is a better option? I was only going to use them for some my bnf sukhoi, blade msr, and blade quad. I also picked up some hk orange rx and wanted to use them also. So with the mlp4dsm, will I get 6 channels and range, or do I need to sacrifice the dx6i to get what I need and better range down the road?

Thanks.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The info in the Wiki says you can get 6 channels even with the LP module. However, you'll have only about 1/8th of the range of a full power module.
It's fine if you're flying <150m distance like those tiny models are meant to, but I wouldn't try putting the HK orangeRX in a bigger model and going much further.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

HK Orange works just fine on big models. Even the 4ch Orange have great range. You determine yourself what works and what doesn't. In our club I debunked all the worry warts by taking my Ultimate out to 1km range with an Orange without issue. That was with a HP tx module. NOT a lp tx module.

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The orange receivers are supposed to be full range when they have the satellite plugged in. Otherwise they are park flyer receivers. At least that is how I understood it.
Now if you only have the low power(LP) module it doesn't matter which receiver you have, full range or park flyer. You can only go park flyer distances.
-Gohst
macisp2000

Post by macisp2000 »

I did read that there could be some power issues with the HP module from my DX6i using the 3.3v spot on the 9X board causing a brownout. Is this true?
Mac
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

were u using a satellite??? in the receiver or just th single antenna?? I'm very interested cuz I'm still using the clone 6100 cuz it have dual antenna instead of the orange receiver single antenna on my bigger model
cjapka

Post by cjapka »

What is satellite? where can I buy it? Thanks guys!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

If I understand the satellite question,
HK's DSM compatible Orange RX can add an orange satellite rx to the plug on the side of the rx case.
Both are listed on the HK site.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
cjapka

Post by cjapka »

I will try to find! Thanks!
Ondrej
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

Ok guys. I know this forum is pretty loose, but you guys are ignoring the OP's question and thread jacking.

To Marc,
With a high power (HP) module like the one in the DX6i, you need to give it a dedicated 3.3v line. Checks hacksmods.com for the DSM2 topics. I have some pretty good post distilled in an easy to understand way with clear photos. Hopefully it can help you along.

Also, I answer every comment.

Personally, I would sell the DX6i. Then buy a DX4i via Craigslist for $30 or so. Use that as a module donator. It uses the same module as that of the DX6i. You should come out ahead. :)

Return to “DSM2/DSMX Mods”