Insane amount of problems at efest

Like DSM2/DSMX? Want to mod your radio to support it? Post your messages here!
cloudflying

Insane amount of problems at efest

Post by cloudflying »

I used the mlp4dsm module out of the little toy boomerang radio for my 9x mod and had an absurd number of brown outs today. I also noticed 3 other planes go down that were using that actual radio. I know it had to do with the 20+ other radios that were running all day + all the 2.4 wifi signals they were blasting all over the place but I figured I would save someone the headache and give you guys a heads up. Actually saw someone flying a brand new plane they had just bought that lost signal after about 20 feet with that radio. It seems with all the high power modules in a room that they just overpower these little guys and they stand no chance. I tested this many ways, when everyone stopped flying I raced over there when open flying started and had zero problems. After a few planes were in the air I landed and taxied 10 or so feet and bam. Lost signal. It was a stressful day to say the least. Anyone else find anything similar? I left my orange rx module at home thinking hey, its efest, I'm only bringing micros. Bad idea lol.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Insane amount of problems at efest

Post by Rob Thomson »

Nothing too surprising here.

Heard of dsm2?

Dsm2.doss not work so well when you have allot of other pilots flying. Add this to the fact the the mpls4 is a low. Power rx.. Well. Your results highlight the problems :-P

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Just one of the many reasons those same people had to invent dsmX.
-Gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Dsm2 link loss crashes is what got me to try a Frsky module and RX with my pcm10 several years ago. That lead me to er9x. Never used my dx7 and all those $80-100 RX in over 2 years now. No crashes either! Either I just got lucky or Frsky is superior? Being I'm still flying at the same very busy field, I'm staying with Frsky!
With HK now selling a orange DSM module that you can randomly change the user ID, QUID I think it's called, I think things will get a lot worse for Spektrum flyers crash wise.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
cloudflying

Post by cloudflying »

Ok so I have decided I want to remove my dsm2 mod after efest and only use my module. The problem there is I have all my wltoys quads/helis and I do not want to switch modules every time I put up a new plane. Is it possible to do the same mod with the wltoys transmitter as with the mlp4dsm tx? In theory, cant I just do the same thing and it will work? I couldnt find any info on it when searching so if its been done, please please show me where :)

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Won't work.

The mod on the 9x requires a serial protocol that is implemented in the code of er9x/open9x

What I do is simple. Get two radios!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
cloudflying

Post by cloudflying »

Dang that sucks. Who can I make a donation to for their time on this code :lol: I have two radios, hell I actually have 3 now but I hate hauling them around. Might be time to make a two tx carrying case. harbor freight, here I come!

Return to “DSM2/DSMX Mods”