Will bind but no control

Like DSM2/DSMX? Want to mod your radio to support it? Post your messages here!
coldlamper

Will bind but no control

Post by coldlamper »

I did the dsmx mod from the wiki using the module from a working dx4e. I flashed the turnigy 9x with er9x. I'm trying to bind to a blade mqx. It seems to bind and the led comes on on the mqx. It goes of if I turn off the receive. I have no rotor movement at all. I set it to dsmx mode and have mixer values set. Any ideas? I also tried using open9x and the same thing happens.

thanks

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Will bind but no control

Post by Rob Thomson »

Have you set up any mixes?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
coldlamper

Post by coldlamper »

yes, i setup mixes, I was just trying it again, set the controller down and the mqx started going crazy even for a few secs after i turned the controller off
coldlamper

Post by coldlamper »

yes, also the mqx has gone nuts a few times and kept running after a turned off the controller
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

FYI
My dsm2 story today. After modifying a FlySky module to accept a dx4e DSM2/x rf deck and loading er9x I had over 3 days 8 great solid flights.
Today I decided to take one last flight at a large club gathering. I had flown a earlier that day. There were at least 15 planes in the air on 2.4g within the fields boundaries. I was flying my SkySurfer test plane and a Spektrum 6200 RX. To my surprise I lost link with my plane several times. I did a right roll, the plane did 2. I did a left hand circle, the plane did another. I had failsafe set to kill the motor and return the surfaces to center but it never happened. This is reminiscent of the other times over the years my Dx7 did the same thing. I was able to regain the link and landed. As in the past when this happened I had no RX blinking led saying I had a brown out or reboot.
Since I've been flying my er9x over the last year with a Frsky system I had forgotten this link loss issue. So now that I know it's still happening in dsm2 I'm going back to frsky and only using the Spektrum mode for indoor BNF planes and copters.
Another flyer said his new dx16 has telemetry and it reported over 100 frame losses just before my flight.
I don't think my mod is an issue here I just think I'm back in the dsm2 world with it.
Not 1 link loss or hesitation in over a year with my frsky setup in the same plane at the same field even on a busy weekend.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

calla969

Post by calla969 »

I've had similar problems with Spektrum. Never going back. I'd put more confidence in the cheap FlySky stuff.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
coldlamper

Post by coldlamper »

Got it to work thanks to uphiearl and this post viewtopic.php?f=55&p=3380#p3380 which he uploaded the settings for the blade mqx.
I attached the file here for anyone else that has the same trouble.
Attachments
BlademQX.eepe
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 419 times

Return to “DSM2/DSMX Mods”