Er9x r801 Megasound option

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
ShowMaster

Er9x r801 Megasound option

Post by ShowMaster »

I notice I have a new Megasound option under sound option on the radio page 1.
My Megasound board audio seems to work with other sound options also selected. What does the new Megasound menu option offer?
I'm just trying to keep up with all the versions of FW and boards I've amassed it seems.
Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Er9x r801 Megasound option

Post by MikeB »

Nothing yet! It acts like PiSpkrVoice. It's there for when I add something for the M64 to use the serial to the MegaSound board.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Ok, I got it. One more mystery solved.
I have another one when you have time.

My ersky9x board FW's that are pretty recent seem to still have the Frsky options. Will these go away, or maybe they have and I'm just behind a FW version.
Will I want to use the custom switch function in any case from here on out for things like A1 and A2 alarms?

I see where I need to spend more time with the new features. Between er9x, ersky9x, and the Taranis opentx my brain is getting a workout. I don't know how you keep up Mike so I can see why your trying to standardize the FW menus.
At my field, mostly my fault, there are er9x, ersky9x, and soon Taranis users asking me programming questions. I get ambushed when I show up with questions. Too late to undo that so I'm forced to keep more current in programming mixes and alarms lately.
Careful what you wish for I keep hearing in my head ha ha.
SM
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Ersky9x does still have the FrSky alarm options. I may remove them at some point, I took them out of er9x to save flash space, but, of course, the SKY board does not have the same flash limit.
I would recommend using the custom switch method in future.

I don't always keep up! I actually flew with my Taranis this week, but I'm not that familiar with openTx, so my vario tones were not very useful, and I had the height in metres. I have now found the Imperial option in the RADIO SETUP, so I will have feet in future!.

Every so often I have a go at the er9x manual. THe latest .pdf of it gets installed with eepe. What would be helpful, from anybody who reads it, is comments where it is now out of date, or, best if possible, the odd paragraph of text for me to paste into it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm pretty much in the same position Mike. I've been enjoying and learning er9x before opentx came along on all my radios. Now I'm the owner of a Taranis that's pretty much a retail version of all the mods and features added to the trusty 9x all these years. That's the good news, the bad is having to learn opentx and not mix the two FWs approach to doing things.
Fortunately the forum is a lot of help along with the manual as long as it keeps up with changes.
Having you own one is a big plus also.
SM

dynam

Post by dynam »

where do you buy this board
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

dynam wrote:where do you buy this board
Find in eBay!
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”