Frsky er9x r 801 A2 alarm

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
ShowMaster

Frsky er9x r 801 A2 alarm

Post by ShowMaster »

I've lost how to set an alarm for a A2 voltage.
To many different FW's and tx configs I guess.
I used to turn on the Frsky option and have choices for red, orange, or yellow. To that I would be able to assign an alarm form many choices. I still have the option on the telemetry screen to select a red, orange, or yellow alarm but I can't find where to decide what they will be.
I'm assuming the format has changed and I'm just not up to date.
One tx had no audio update just the original beeper. The other has the haptic and the megasound board.
What I'm looking to do is when A2 is less than 10.8 volts I want an alarm of my choice.
SM

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Frsky er9x r 801 A2 alarm

Post by MikeB »

The telemetry page originally was to be able to set the alarms in the FrSky Tx module itself.
Then the "Internal FrSky alarms" option was added. This allowed the different audio alarms for the PiSpkr to be used.
Then changing the Safety Switches to be useable for audio or voice alarms was added.

I decided there were now too many different ways of generating alarms, and the "internal FrSky alarms" code was quite large, so I have remove it.

For A2, set up a custom switch:
S1: V<ofs A2 10.8
Then set a Safety switch:
"A" SW1 warn1 (or whatever audio alarm sound you want).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Thanks Mike I knew it had changed.
I just tried it and I got as far with A2 to setting the 10.8 volts and the 0.00 was selected and flashing but I couldn't change that value. Selecting A1 instead I could. I'm using r801 just flashed so if it works for you I'll keep trying.
Update!

Ok, I guess it helps to actually select a voltage range for A2 on the telemetry menu page before trying to set a custom switch A2 voltage.
I now can select 10.8v.
One question about the Frsky red, org, yel options. I still have that option on the telemetry page. If I have RXD /TXD wired I to my Frsky module will selecting these options still cause the module to beep?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, if you set the Int. FrSky Alarm option to NO.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”