New FrSky TX/RX's

Love the 9x? Use FRSky? Post your questions and answers here!
qwerty009

New FrSky TX/RX's

Post by qwerty009 »

Atm i have Turnigy 9x With Frsky DJT TX and D8R-XP RX. I use it on my hexacopter.
I'm planning to build quadcopter also but FrSky is about to release new series of TX's RX's. I think that at least new TX is worth to wait for it's release, but new RX's kind of confuse me.

Will there be new RX that has same functions as D8R-XP has atm (CPPMoutput, two way communication, input for voltage measurement and serial input)? From the info i i'm reading from their page i really can't find such new RX?

Also another thing that currently annoys me...
DJT TX can be binded to only one RX at time. So if i fly my hexacopter and then after that i want to fly my quad, i have to rebind my TX/RX - kind of annoying.
I've read smth that with new PXX protocol i won't have to do that? I have one transmitter and if i choose different model it automatically binds to to other RX?

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowNews.asp?id=91

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: New FrSky TX/RX's

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hello,

The new radios will fully support the current rx's. No issue with that.

I am confused by your question on having to rebind? Your rf module can bind to multiple receivers at the same time. No problem!

The new PXX protocol is primarily used to remove the PPM layer from tx to the rf module. Along with this are loads of other improvements that will improve performance, and features etc.. more channels etc..

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
qwerty009

Post by qwerty009 »

Well some time ago i had one 1 way RX (V series) and when i binded TX with that then afterwards it didn't work with my D8R-XP (i had to bind them again). Maybe i did smth wrong?

As i understand that if i have 2 D8R-XP receivers i can bind them both and they both work behind one TX at same time?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Old V series receivers needed your DJT to transmit in 1-way mode, while D series needed D mode. Between those 2 you only had to flip one of the little switches in the back of your DJT, but not rebind.

The details and manuals of the new modules/receivers are here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72&start=150#p38664
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Oh Spektrum, what have you done to this world? ;) :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

kaos

Post by kaos »

kilrah is right. you just forgot to flip the #2 dip switch back when you fly the D8R-XP. ask me how I know that so well. ;)

Return to “The FRSKY Forum”