Gyro

Are you in-to First Person Viewing? Got an interesting hack/mod? Let us know!
Malcurin

Gyro

Post by Malcurin »

I was wondering if anyone has tried adding a Gyro to any surface on there planes aileron throttle or rudder for FPV or any other reason to get more stable flight and better camera movies when they show them off to their friends?

i hear Hobbyking has some really cheap Gyros and I found one for planes that's really cheap can be found on eBay cheaper then this
http://www.himodel.com/radios/EAGLE_Mic ... on_A3.html
Just wondering if anyone here has tried this or not, and the setup if you have tried, as i am thinking about it for a wing camera I'm considering buying

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )

Kilrah

Re: Gyro

Post by Kilrah »

Some have yes, sometimes with nice results. Some vendors are even integrating that into RTF airplanes now (the "AS3X" system on newest Blade / Parkzone models is basically this, a 3-axis gyro that stabilises rudder, ailerons and elevator in the same way a non-heading lock gyro would act on the tail of a heli).

That's one of the things I was intending to test at some point, I even have 3 gyros in a bag somewhere, but they haven't moved yet since I bought them about this time last year :D

Will do one day...
cre8tiveleo

Gyro

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Just use a flight controller board. V3 is $20 from hk, v2 is $15.

You get 3axis gyro, and other options.

Even ptz with proper firmware.

Return to “FPV Projects”