ER9x Programming Help - Head Tracker on Ch5

Are you in-to First Person Viewing? Got an interesting hack/mod? Let us know!
vespizzari

ER9x Programming Help - Head Tracker on Ch5

Post by vespizzari »

Hello Internet,

How do I get my Fatshark goggles which connect via the trainer port to operate on CH5? The trainer menu only seems to have the option for channels 1 thru 4. I know I must be missing something.

Thanks,

- Matt

Kilrah

Re: ER9x Programming Help - Head Tracker on Ch5

Post by Kilrah »

Create a mixer line on the channel you want, with PPM5 as source. As easy as this :)
kaos

Post by kaos »

for my pan and tilt goggle, this works fine:
in the mix
ch7 100% PPM6 (for tilt)
ch8 100% PPM5 (for pan)

trainer function is off. no need to turn on trainer function for pan/tilt.

my pan servo is not centered for the view (mounted the servo on the plane with 15-20 degree off center ;) ), used limit to center the cam.
vespizzari

Post by vespizzari »

Thanks guys. I'll try it right away.
vespizzari

Post by vespizzari »

Just set it up and it works like a charm. I knew I was missing something simple. ER9x has been pretty much the best thing I've ever done in RC. I've been using my Turnigy version 9x for almost a year and never knew it could be so good or intuitive.

kaos

Post by kaos »

I also found this out with my goggle ( I have the silver one instead of FATshark)
1. The power button actually works as a reset button, when you push the power button briefly (extended press turn on/off the goggle), it actually recenter the cam as it was set up, no matter what is your head position. and then you start from that head position to pan and tilt. this way you can change your head position while flying if your neck/head get tired with one position.

2. I fly by myself, so when launching my FPV plain, it is impossible to keep my head still which moves the cam. I add a switch to the pan/tilt ch with GEA to turn on /off the pan/tilt while launching, so the cam is alwasy center when I throw my plane out no matter how ugly my neck/head looks like ;)

ch7 100% PPM6 GEA
ch8 100% PPM5 GEA

once the plane is airborne and stable, I can flip the GEA switch and start the pan and tilt. and using the power button on the goggle to recenter when I feel my neck is tired at on position.

Return to “FPV Projects”