Unable to bind my 35mhz receivers. Please help

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Shogo

Unable to bind my 35mhz receivers. Please help

Post by Shogo »

Hi!

I have a turniy 9x with er9x (r818) that has been out of use a year because of a broken antenna. Yesterday I´ve installed a new antenna to it and when I have tried to bind my receivers, I´ve been unable. I have tried a corna r8pd1 and 2 multiplex rx 7 synth. The module is a TS 35j synthesized. I´ve tried PPM, PPM16, disabled ppmsim, created a new model... nothing works. The module stays warm (not hot) so I think it´s working. Another strange fact that makes me feel that no hardware is damaged is that when I put any of the multiplex rx 7 synth ipd into bind mode, if I turn off the radio the receivers led blinks uninterruptedly, but if I turn it on, the receiver blinks for a while, then stops, then blinks for a while again.. so the receiver seem to detect the radio despite the fact of not binding.

What am I doing wrong?

Kilrah

Re: Unable to bind my 35mhz receivers. Please help

Post by Kilrah »

You should be using PPM, you might want to try the other polarity.

Old MHz RF modules may require the regulated 6V supply that modern radios don't provide anymore.

There is no such thing as "binding" on MHz receivers, as long as the frequency matches between the 2 they should work, so make sure to select channel on the module that both it and the receiver support.
Some synth receivers may require some kind of procedure to select the frequency, it seems your MPX one needs you to move a stick at a precise moment.
Shogo

Post by Shogo »

Kilrah wrote:You should be using PPM, you might want to try the other polarity.

Old MHz RF modules may require the regulated 6V supply that modern radios don't provide anymore.

There is no such thing as "binding" on MHz receivers, as long as the frequency matches between the 2 they should work, so make sure to select channel on the module that both it and the receiver support.
Some synth receivers may require some kind of procedure to select the frequency, it seems your MPX one needs you to move a stick at a precise moment.
Hi

Thanks for your response. Do I have to restart the radio when I make changes in protocol ?? Is it safe for the hardware to try the other polarity? In the receivers manual, the process described to put the receiver into "discovery mode" to make it detect the tx active frequency is called bind too. I know it doesn´t have anything in common with 2.4 binding.

The tx module is synthesized, so I can choose the active frequency. Yesterday, I tried some different frequencies with no success. Then, you put the receiver into discovery or search mode, and it should detect the radio. That´s what I´m not able to do and worked other times. I can´t remember if it was the same software version or not but I have been flying with the same radio, module and receiver a lot of times
Shogo

Post by Shogo »

I´ve read the manual yesterday and I have read it again. The receiver should detect the radio and then the led on the receiver should stay on. Then, with the led on, you should move the stick to check and confirm that everything is ok. In my case, the led never stays on. It keeps blinking. As I said, if I turn of the radio it never stops blinking but when I turn it on, it blinks, stops, blinks, stops.. and so on. That makes me think the the receiver is aware of the radio in any way :/. I also tried to move the sticks while discovering with no success, and also tried other receivers :(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Try the other PPM polarity, there were both standards and choosing the wrong one will not work. No need to reboot on the radio side, but the module may need you to.
Beyond the PPM settings and checking the hardware works (PPM and power properly provided to the module) there's nothing more that can be done on the radio.

Shogo

Post by Shogo »

Ok, I will try so and post my results. Thank you
Shogo

Post by Shogo »

Changing the polarity did the trick and the radio works again. Thanks :D :D :D :D

Return to “er9x”