Turnigy 9x er9x problem

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
TadyTheFish

Turnigy 9x er9x problem

Post by TadyTheFish »

Hello!
So i bought a new Turnigy 9x from hobbyking and quickly realized i need to flash it. I found the er9x firmware that is far superior to other firmwares and the original.

Everything is great and i flew a few times. I made some mods (backlight,lipo). Today i was flying my quad for a few minutes and i made it roll right a little. When I tryed to level the craft it kept going right. I looked at the LCD and there was an error message. BAD EEPROM DATA. That message apears normal when you flash your trasmitter. Bit i did not expect it to popup after
Did anyone else had the same problem? I almost chrashed my quad but it cut-off centimeter before hitting the wall of my house :) lucky i guess.

Flashing went without errors and i was using the transmitter with er9x firmware for a few weeks now. So it seems strange to me.

Thank you!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Turnigy 9x er9x problem

Post by MikeB »

The only time you get that message is when the radio starts, either through power on, or caused by a watchdog reset.
Then you only get that message because there is a problem with the EEPROM contents.
Even getting a watchdog reset is VERY unusual.

I'm afraid it smacks of some sort of hardware failure of the processor.
What did you do for the backlight mod?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
TadyTheFish

Re: Turnigy 9x er9x problem

Post by TadyTheFish »

I seems i will need to buy a new processor board.. Or a new atmega.. I can resolder the chip no problem.... And the oscillator just to be on the safe side... I will continue using this one and if it fails again i will replace what needs replacing.. I just tought this was something someone already had and if this is a firmware issue. It seems not :)
For the backlight i bought a white one from hobbyking and i installed a logic mosfet in series with ground and connected the gate to the output of the processor trough a 100ohm resistor (the gate is basicly a capacitor and the resistor is only for limiting transient currents) works great;)

Return to “er9x”